Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lidianonn

wedding guest fashion question :)

lidianonn
10 months ago

Hi! I’m going to a wedding held at Loyola’s Cuneo Mansion and I found the perfect dress (navy blue) that makes me feel great! I think I want to wear one of my favorite pair of moonstone earrings (has blue undertones). I also found nude platform pumps to wear to so I don’t have to hem the dress. Trouble is the evening clutch. I ADORE my koi purse and was hoping it would coordinate well with the dress and jewelry. I typically match all the time because I’m not fashion savvy enough to be creative. Please let me know if all this would work! If not, your thoughts on what would look best. I want to look great for the hubby. And I won’t compete with the wedding party, they’re all in pinks and burgundy.

Comments (43)

• lidianonn
    Original Author
    10 months ago

@HI-20798147 super helpful. 🙄

• carol
    10 months ago

Eyes will be on the bride, not your purse. Use it if you love it. Or keep your eyes open for a different one before the wedding, but I wouldn’t worry about it.

• carol
    10 months ago

Love the dress, by the way!

• ShadyWillowFarm
    10 months ago

Beautiful dress and love the earrings and shoes! You will look fabulous. Not a fan of the purse, it’s just a bit to lighthearted for the dress.

• lidianonn
    Original Author
    10 months ago

@Carol…THANK YOU!!

• lidianonn
    Original Author
    10 months ago

@ShadyWillowFarm…thanks so much!

• Kate
    10 months ago

Nice purse, but I would prefer a fabric/silk purse for summer. What I have found is that once you’re older no one cares what you wear and your purse will be on table or chair most of the evening anyway. Pretty ensemble regardless.

• swrite
    10 months ago

The purse is really cute, but agree it’s a little too whimsical for the occasion. The dress, earrings, and shoes will look lovely together as will you in them as a wedding guest.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    10 months ago

Great earrings!! Beautiful!! I prefer dark shoes but personal choice. I give hubby my cell phone and a lipstick and gloss and make sure I give him a couple $5s in case I need tip for restroom staff etc. Dress is stunning and I love navy blue for weddings. I think you have great eye.

• csoper
    10 months ago

Everything you selected is wonderful - love the little unexpected element of the bag. Enjoy a fabulous time.

• lidianonn
    Original Author
    10 months ago

@kate thank you for your kind comments.

• lidianonn
    Original Author
    10 months ago

@swrite thank you, you’re too kind.

• lidianonn
    Original Author
    10 months ago

@Flo Mangan ha! You’re lucky, my hubby gives me his items to put in my purse. There’s no way I’d get my phone in the koi purse which may negate its travel to the wedding but it’s an old Judith Leiber and I love it. Thank you for for your kind words.

• lidianonn
    Original Author
    10 months ago

@csoper hey thanks! I really love that minauderie but maybe I’ll save it for a date night.

• swrite
    10 months ago

Think that purse would be perfect!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    10 months ago

Perfect handbag.

• jayapple21
    10 months ago

The Ranndi Sparkle Clutch is probably a perfect complement for the dress but I gotta say I love the whimsical handbag. It just says, "so I dressed up for this occasion but I didn't leave my sense of humor and fun at home!" I think if it were me, I'd probably buy the bag from Macy's and then try both bags with the dress. One will be the sure winner. 🥇👛

• lidianonn
    Original Author
    10 months ago

@jayapple you’re the best!

• jayapple21
    10 months ago

Don't buy the Macy's bag until closer to the wedding. You MIGHT want to return it (wink, wink) and you don't want the return window to have expired.

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    10 months ago

I would look for a nude clutch…love the dress and earrings!

• lidianonn
    Original Author
    10 months ago

Thank you Home Interiors. I was initially thinking of a nude clutch but wasn’t sure. I don’t like a lot of contract, I do prefer different textures. The koi purchase was my fun contrast piece. But I might reconsider a nude clutch!

• midcentura
    10 months ago

I’m a clothing designer and I love all your choices. The navy dress is sophisticated and a little bit sexy with the exposed shoulder, and summery when paired with the nude shoe. I think the Koi clutch would be a great conversation starter especially with other guests you’re meeting for the first time. Perhaps a solid gold color cuff bracelet for a little gleam on your wrist when you toast the bride and groom?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    10 months ago

Classic and sophisticated..you can’t go wrong…. beautiful for the summer too! Add a collection of gold bangle bracelets on your exposed arm..so pretty!

• lidianonn
    Original Author
    10 months ago

Home interiors…thank you!!! I have a few bangle cuffs I wanted to wear but wasn’t sure. Thank you!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    10 months ago

You will look FABULOUS!

• Lidia
    10 months ago

Love you all💖💖💖💖💖💖

• lidianonn
    Original Author
    10 months ago

@midcentura thank you!! Wonderful your professional take echoes so many others points!

• pkpk23
    10 months ago

Use the koi purse! Perfect wedding guest dress.

• Kathy Furt
    10 months ago

Gorgeous uiu dress shoes earrings, I will defer to other professionals for the clutch part.my daughter is(tying married in October sn I had. Stroke last year and am still
    In a Shrek hsir ddo need something that I can wear with flat new bslsncessnd a leg brace.I found beautiful navy dress too but can’t figure out shoes with it!!! So vumned

• lidianonn
    Original Author
    10 months ago

@Kathy Furt congratulations on your daughters engagement! May you recover quickly and fully from your event! I think navy is a great color and I’m sure you’ll be a beautiful (and proud) MOTB! And you might even want to look at those cute ballerina slippers as shoes so your comfortable since it will be a long day for you. No one will be looking at your feet, just your smile ☺️

• cindylouhoog
    10 months ago

Simple elegance and a bit of whimsy with the koi clutch. No one else will have anything like it!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    10 months ago

Kathy so sorry for your struggle! Keeping up your PT and all will be well.

• Kathy Furt
    10 months ago

Yhsnks flo it’s been wyiitea year! Grateful forzmy recovery do fat but really want to wdlkbsgsin

• Kathy Furt
    10 months ago

AUearzagobtodayibwadin a deaiapeeinthe hodpirsl

• Kathy Furt
    10 months ago

And flonibfo slot of pt

• Kathy Furt
    10 months ago

Ot

• Kathy Furt
    10 months ago

I have now transferred to an outpatient facility near our home do easy drive for dsn

• Kathy Furt
    10 months ago

Flodoyouhsverxperiencewith strojes?

• Roman Petr
    10 months ago

It's all gorgeous! I like it :)

• Kathy Furt
    5 months ago

It’s:all gorgous lookd greatintbdefvupmsrstintnyvnewcbskfnce tennis shoes as needed to ear my sgo brace on left LRV dsnrd o the dance floor Bon my eherlchsir!!!’had a bladt

• Kathy Furt
    5 months ago

My sisters get ehein me out there!!! We24-fdmily !!! I e gif all my sisters an me

• Kathy Furt
    5 months ago

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/86/06/C6ED63CA-936F-4517-94FE-354D99E17E37/IMG_4824.jpg