Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hlickteig

need exterior help

hlickteig
last month

The roof line to the left is a garage and so the windows can go anywhere. The A-frame side is two rooms split down the middle but the ceilings are fairly low so any windows in the middle can be there if it’s towards the roof (very lower) and it will be just for aesthetics on the outside. I’m thinking a rectangular window there.

I’m also thinking that maybe some of the brick is removed and board and batten and or stucco should go on in some places but I am at a loss for which direction to go.
Also wall to the courtyard will be removed

Comments (15)

• littlebug Zone 5 Missouri
    last month
    last modified: last month

Is this a home? It looks more like a church or business building. Maybe a business building that you intend to convert to a residence?

How is this structure sited according to the street or driveway? What do people driving by see? Is this the front?

I see concrete in the foreground but I’m not sure if it’s a street or circle drive. And I see concrete on the far left of what I assume is the garage you refer to.

• apple_pie_order
    last month

You have a contemporary painted brick house, not suited to board and batten add-ons. Cleaning or repairing the two stained areas on the garage, then repainting will go a long way.

What are your goals? Curb appeal? More welcoming look? More light and ventilation inside? What is your budget range for current changes?

• hlickteig
    Original Author
    last month

It’s a home. This is the front. There is a circle drive - that’s part of the concrete you see. The front door is behind the courtyard wall.

As far as windows- just what I said above- since the left side is a garage- the windows are really just for aesthetics- the other side - there are two rooms on the other side and I don’t want two windows there on the inside - since the ceiling is low- you can put a window in the attic and it’s just for looks to the outside.

• hlickteig
    Original Author
    last month

More pics

• hlickteig
    Original Author
    last month

More pics

• hlickteig
    Original Author
    last month

I have seen very dark paint like gunmetal gray with wood accents and I like that a lot but that was on a bigger house.

• hlickteig
    Original Author
    last month

Ai generated ideas

• hlickteig
    Original Author
    last month

This is an idea for colors that I like - just not sure how it will look on the house

• HU-878373968
    24 days ago

Whoa AI is getting good. at generating these. Is there a certain site you used?

• arcy_gw
    24 days ago

AI doesn't' seem to care about home security. They took windows out of garages so people wouldn't break in. I wish you could sue the people who painted the brick. You are trying to continue the creation a forever maintenance home. I hope you didn't pay for the 'value' brick is supposed to give because it's no maintenance!! I would look into some landscape options instead.

• hlickteig
    Original Author
    23 days ago

It’s called remodel AI

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    23 days ago
    last modified: 23 days ago

Your home is a very nice example of a shed-style home designed at the end of the 20th Century. I'm guessing this might be Texas. It's like a sculpture that doesn't require embellishment but could benefit from a better backdrop.

It needs love and understanding, a new paint job & a professional landscaping plan, not necessarily windows and stuff glued onto the face of the home.

• hlickteig
    Original Author
    23 days ago

Thank you so much for this Beverly! I needed some input like this! Built in 1977!

• hlickteig
    Original Author
    23 days ago

And we are in central Texas!