Software
Houzz Logo Print
judijunebugarizonazn8

A Post on Marie Ducher

Because Nollie asked me about my impression of this rose on another thread and I can’t remember where… and this year she is wowing me so much that I think she deserves a thread all of her own. Yes, because she is a Tea Rose, she needs some intervention for powdery mildew in my climate, and in spite of the fact that she likes heat, she doesn’t always like the dry heat here. The edges of the blooms don’t crisp like some blooms do, but they turn an odd burnt violet color that doesn’t do it credit. However, now that I’ve told you all her faults, here are her virtues( whose faults and virtues stand in bold relief…” who said that? ) : Ok, her foliage, when there’s no PM, is a really rich green with a bit of burgundy, which makes a perfect backdrop for the saturated pink blooms. It needs no pruning except for shaping, and precious little of that since she naturally forms a rounded bush with flowers all the way to the ground. The flowers are that romantic, cupped shape that I adore, very full petaled. Sometimes I catch a pretty nice fragrance on her, but my nose doesn’t pick up tea fragrance very well, so the fragrance isn’t a huge factor for me on this one. But it’s lovely this year, full of blooms and so well- proportioned that I can’t help but admire her. She’s difficult to find here in the USA, which seems a shame. I think I must try rooting her.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Whisler Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals