Software
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (27)

  • 19 hours ago

    Hard to believe that it will fetch that price.

  • 19 hours ago

    Wow, i hope thats true, since I have several of those.

  • 19 hours ago

    😄

  • 19 hours ago

    It's worth what someone else will pay for it. Let us know. I wouldn't bet on it.

  • 19 hours ago

    I'm rich!! I might even have a cradle for it too. Those FMP/ebay ads crack me up. Who would pay that price?

  • 17 hours ago

    I'm rich, too! Woowoo!

  • 17 hours ago

    I have this version



  • 17 hours ago

    The pink Pyrex are super desirable but nowhere near that price.


  • 16 hours ago

    Darn, I just have these, and only two. They were my mother’s.



  • 15 hours ago



    I picked up a divided Pyrex like this one at a resale shop, for my son. He and his friends had potluck ”game nights” and he uses it to bring his offerings. I haven’t seen one IRL since but I know they are out there. Promotional item issued in 1958, I see it just not ranging from $18-50. The $50 seems to be an outlier, most are under $35. Maybe the $50 one has the cradle, most don’t. I paid $20. It’s official name is ”Cinderella” but everyone knows it as ”Barbed Wire”.

  • 15 hours ago

    Unbelievable.

  • 10 hours ago
    last modified: 10 hours ago

    What cracks me up about these listings is the claim on the ads that they are already in so many shopping carts. I remember reading a long time ago about these inflated prices being some kind of scam, but I don't recall the what/why. eta, I decided to google it and found the answer: https://www.msn.com/en-us/technology/ecommerce/why-do-some-tools-on-ebay-have-such-insane-prices-sellers-share-the-reason/ar-AA1QWRg8

  • 10 hours ago

    It's practically a bargain compared to her other Pyrex listing!



  • 10 hours ago

    for those who didn't click on the link I posted, the common explanation for this is the seller is going on vacation or is not monitoring her site for some time for some reason and they do this so nothing sells while they are away. Not a scam really, but a common ebay practice.

  • 9 hours ago

    So then everyone gets the idea that Pyrex/Corelle is worth thousands. I have a bunch of different Pyrex casserole dishes. I use them all.

  • 8 hours ago

    Oh boy! I've got the $23,000 one. Someone left it at my house many years ago after a pot luck. Never did find out who and they never contacted me. Should I split the money if I sell it and ever find out who left it?

    Those prices are ridiculous.

  • 8 hours ago
    last modified: 8 hours ago

    It's Corningware, not Pyrex.

    I have a set - I believe it's 1960s.

    Did any of it actually sell?

  • 6 hours ago

    I have a Pyrex 2 Cup measure amd maybe a 4 Cup also.

  • 6 hours ago

    I think it might be combination of the Corningware dish with the fitting Pyrex lid, because they give a specific number. the Listing said pyrex, but under the price it says the combination.

  • 5 hours ago

    I have tons of this stuff. My mom loved it all. I have pieces from every pattern shown here, including some "elusive" pink (casserole dish in that color.)


    It is great news, because now I can buy that French castle and renovate it to my taste. 😆 Party at my house! 😆

  • 5 hours ago

    Along with a bunch of corningware like Pal posted, I have this Pyrex set, but I have all the lids. I use it frequently. Its $125 on etsy.



  • 4 hours ago

    Pyrex developed Corningware in 1958. Both products were made by Pyrex at the time this piece was made, now they are two separate companies.

  • 2 hours ago

    I just checked because it made me curious. The bottom of mine all say Pyrex, for whatever that's worth. Apparently not $5000, but hope springs eternal.

  • 2 hours ago

    I've collected quite a few Pyrex, Fire King and Glasbake vintage pieces over the years. The ones I use for baking are clear, and I only use the colorful ones for storing food, or occasionally in the microwave, since I'm wary of them shattering from overheating. I also have a number of pieces in the blue & white butterprint ded shared above.

    All were thrifted for maybe a dollar or two, or inherited from my mom - like the Corningware set.

    Did you know Corning has a museum and it's online? They have catalogued many of their products over the years...

    https://info.cmog.org/explore-collections?_gl=11b75lj_gcl_au*MTQ5NDc0MDk4Ny4xNzkwNjEyOTY3


  • 1 hour ago
    last modified: 1 hour ago

    " Did you know Corning has a museum and it's online? "

    I did. There is also a physical place, the Corning Museum of Glass, located in the small town of Corning in upstate New York.

    I like most museums and have been to museums of all kinds, all over the place. The Corning Glass museum stands out as one of the more interesting and enjoyable ones I've been to. Not just kitchen tools and knicknacks but also a wide variety of things are there on display.

    Corning was THE name in glass for decades and decades and it made and developed things far beyond the household products many know them by. I remember a display about large mirrors that Corning made for reflecting-style telescopes. Each to exacting tolerances. There was one on display to show how large those mirrors could be, the display one had failed final quality control inspection.

    Another exhibit was devoted to fiber optic cable. A fantastic invention discovered by Corning that now serves as workhorse physical backbone for most of the Internet globally.

    And on and on, more there than I expected to see. Very enjoyable place.

    It's an out of the way location but well worth a detour should you find yourself in the neighborhood.

  • 14 minutes ago
    last modified: 13 minutes ago



    $13,000.00 on Etsy!

  • 1 minute ago

    I checked to see if these were coming from the same part of the world, but it seems they are not. One of them also has a $5000 melamine fork.

    I think they are in so many people's carts so that they can see if it sells.

    Do you remember when there were ordinary need-assembly wardrobes on Wayfair (I think) listed for thousands of dollars (all different prices, same piece) and there was a conspiracy theory that each wardrobe represented someone who was being human trafficked and there was something coded in the listing so that certain people would know? And purchasing something through a different legitimate format was a way to launder the money?