Software
Houzz Logo Print
marialooney

14 years ago
What material is this wood ceiling
Traditional Entry · More Info

Comments (11)

  • 14 years ago
    We used bead board for a similar home project. It can be painted or stained like the walls and ceiling.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    The house was over 100 years old. I think the wood is pine. It was refininshed with a clear coat.
  • 14 years ago
    love the bead board on the ceiling! Have never seen such a variety of stains in a sheet a bead board before! We have a lot of tug and grove pine in our home and would like to consider something to what the bead board is in this photo for our ceiling! Do you know if it is still available to purchase?
  • 14 years ago
    Yes, we just finished our renovation 9 months ago. We purchased it from a local lumber supply store. Also, we added bead board on the wall in a new pantry to give it an "old" feeling.
  • 14 years ago
    The question remains is it bead board on the ceiling or is it just a guess? If I were guessing it looks like some kind of bamboo materials! I can see that the bead board on the walls.
  • 14 years ago
    So is the bead board pine or oak or what?
  • 13 years ago
    What dimensions were this room, and are there any other views? Would love to know what was done on the opposite side. Thanks.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I am sorry to say that I don't know for sure - the wood ceiling was existing when I came onto the project. My guess would be pine or cedar.
    Mary
  • 12 years ago
    I love the ceiling but I'd love to see this light in the space instead.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    yes its beautiful
Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio