Software
Houzz Logo Print
jpell924

Wall color for kitchen with oak cabinets?!

12 years ago
I'm struggling with a color scheme for our kitchen! I don't like the color of the cabinets; but the house is new/cabinets are great quality - I fear that painting them will devalue the house.

I'm at a loss as to what color to paint the walls/ a color scheme for the room as a whole. I generally like neutral walls, and then pops of color for accents - but I'm open to basically anything at this point except red walls. Would really also prefer to stay away from the standard colors that I see with these type cabinets - light yellow, apple green, sage, ... (now I'm sounding picky, I know!).

I plan to change out the black/yellow light fixtures, unless it fits w/color scheme...and make a fun, patterned roman shade for the window over the sink. I want this room to be cozy, warm, and pretty - but feel more modern and less countryish. Any ideas?!

The bordering room has taupe walls, with mostly navy accents, along with some greens and yellows.

Thanks!

Jessi

Comments (9)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!