Software
Houzz Logo Print
sharoncalifornia

Do you know where we can purchase this piece?

12 years ago
It is perfect for my sister's new house.
Transforming and refinishing · More Info

Comments (6)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi Sharon
    I believe it was custom made here in Montreal, it's actually part of the kitchen cabinetry.
    You can probably get a good cabinet maker in your area to copy it.
    Best,
    Marie-Pierre Ayoul
  • 12 years ago
    You painted with the chalk paint graphite, then distressed it with 100 grit paper, then waxed it with clear wax? Is that all? Did you use any dark wax? The brown coloring showing through the distressed areas, is that the original color of the cabinet showing through? Do you need to polyurethane when you are complete? I am wanting to do my oak stained kitchen cabinets exactly like this.
  • 11 years ago
    Great job! I would love to do this to my buffet table. I was thinking of going lighter and changing knobs to crystal and chrome hardware . I love this colour. My walls are revere pewter by Benjamin Moore and wainscot is silver satin by BM. What do you suggest I do?
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Hi Linda

    Thank you.
    I'm not sure you can go much lighter, it already looks pretty light. But if you go to an Annie Sloan Chalk Paint distributor (check on the internet who sells it in your area) you can see the actual colours and decide for yourself, and they might be able to advise you if you bring the small drawer and your BM wall colours samples along. You might choose to go with a darker colour for more contrast if you're going to sand off some of the finish, or stay within the same family for a subtler effect. Here in Montreal there are 2/3 places that offer classes to show you how to do it yourself.
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Thank you for sharing your gorgeous project!