Software
Houzz Logo Print
dianeberreth

14 years ago
We recently remodeled our main floor and upstairs. It is modern country/traditional??? and we are now finishing our basement. I would like to do the basement in a more contemporary/fun style for our teenage daughters. I was told it would be wise to keep our trim, moulding, doors etc. in the basement the same style as upstairs (cream with raised panel) and rather, apply a contemporary finish to the rooms - i.e. furnishings, wallpaper, etc. I would like to do a pocket door on the "jack and jill" bathroom in the basement in a sleek, contemporary finish. All of our hardware (doors, cabinets etc.) upstairs is oil rubbed bronze. Would it look silly to use stainless for the doors in the basement and on the pocket door to the bathroom. Do you think it's wise to keep the the mouldings and doors the same as upstairs? I have attached pictures of upstairs to show the style we currently have.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio