Software
Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

14 years ago
last modified: 14 years ago
POLL: Vote now! Botanical prints are a big trend in 2012. How would you use them in your home? (mouse over the photos to zoom!)
Go bold with an accent wall
Use it in furniture or drapery
Sprinkle in some accessories

Comments (26)

  • 14 years ago
    The patterns today are BOLD and many are sexy. I like them with a little sheen and ONLY as accent walls. I saw Selling Spelling Manor on HGTV and that lady had an embarrassment of riches (or rather Cabbage Roses). She had that stuff on every wall in one room AND, AND... MATCHING SHADES..I got a headache after that.
  • 14 years ago
    Large patterns add great interest; tone on tone for a feature wall add interest without crowding a small space. I love wallpaper in bathrooms, unfortunately it's not very functional because of humidity; bedrooms and dining rooms are great areas for wall-paper on all walls instead of only one feature wall. Some patterns work very well on ceilings to fuse an old world charm!
  • 14 years ago
    Nowhere in my home would I want these patterns.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I like botanical prints in small powder rooms. It fosters imagination and expands the room. Also, creates cheerful, welcoming feel. There are many manufacturers that make water resistant wallpaper-York wallpaper for one.
  • 14 years ago
    Love the wallpaper in this pic, where can I find it?
  • 14 years ago
    Here's a link to the photo
    Bathing Room · More Info
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I would luv to go big and bold with a floral print. This website will blow up any picture to put on a photo mural. I'm thinking dining room, china inspired!
    http://www.grahamsandersoninteriors.com/acatalog/Purple_.html
  • 14 years ago
    Thanks for the tip Liza- turns out it's a mural. Guess I'll have to brush up on my painting skills!
  • 14 years ago
    Sorry, I have to agree with sammycat! You have to have one giant room to pull off a pattern that big without feeling overwhelmed by it.
  • 14 years ago
    Love that wallpaper. Almost looks stenciled. Chinoiserie in a dining room is so becoming.
    I try to use a soft floral in rooms but nothing overpowering since my husband thinks it's too frilly. Been back and forth between a velvet green and a botanical print for recovering a settee bench for the end of our bed. Solids can be reintroduced into other rooms but I really like the Botanicals too.
  • 14 years ago
    I agree, the pattern is a little over welheming for me. Maybe one small wall in a small room but this is to much "over the top" for my tastes as far as patteren size goes. And I had thought that wallpaper was "out". I have a wallpapered kitchen I did when I first moved here 8 yrs ago and was thinking I should tear it down..now I am wondering??
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I love botanicals but in a more contemporary way, I used wallpaper in my office above the wainscotting in a neutral pallette with hits of metallic in it. It is very striking yet because if the colours (grey, white, silver) it is very soothing and interesting at the same time. I love it!
  • 14 years ago
    I already have some19th century botanical prints in frames tucked into bookcases.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Love the idea of the botanical wallpaper, but wonder how quickly would get tired of it. Definitely like for accessories like wallpaper and throw pillows.
  • 14 years ago
    Wallpaper is a blast! I just came back from London, it never went out of style, and there are Fab choices. Now-a-days it is bold, graphic, colorful and LARGE. Much better than what is posted to vote on above...I think leaves and branches are out....unless...you do it in an unexpected color.
    I took this photo on my cell straight out of a wallpaper book in a home furnishings store
  • 14 years ago
    I'm still really loving damask patterns. Do you folks think that motif will have legs for years to come?
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I love damask too. I am actually contemplating using a bold yellow damask in the front hallway of my home. My house is 110 yrs old so I think the damask will suit, but the yellow with the black and white scheme keeps it updated. I think such a classic pattern will always be just that...classic, but can certainly look very modern too.
  • 14 years ago
    I've been a botanical lover for a long time. I've got several "sets" of prints I made myself on my computer. Easy and inexpensive art prints that really look nice :-)
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I love how the pattern climbs the walls and doesn't quite reach the ceiling. It's unique and subtly beautiful.
  • 14 years ago
    Hi,

    Thank you for the question. The wallpaper is by de Gournay.

    Jessica Warren
    J.P. Warren Interiors
  • 14 years ago
    I'm not a big fan of this trend actually. I'd use it on furniture or drapery as the accent in the room.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    I would use them on pillows
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    In the right setting they can look great.
  • 14 years ago
    I voted for the chair (furniture) as it would go nice near a window looking into the garden. I like that actual chair too!
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Love bold drapery panels that can be switched out with a change of your mood or the seasons. I have summer and winter window treatments and I love what changing them does for a room.
    Marie Meko