Software
Houzz Logo Print
treckzin

Added a backsplash to see if we could give our kitchen that wow factor

12 years ago
last modified: 12 years ago
Step 1) Added a glass mosaic backsplash from the home depot, Step 2) Need to find the perfect window coverings.

Comments (26)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I think a woven wood Roman shade would be the perfect compliment for your remodeled kitchen.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    love the backsplash! pulls it all together nicely
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    awesome backsplash, great job!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Love your remodeled kitchen. You should go in for a roman shade as suggested.
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks for the feedback.... I to was thinking of going with a Roman Shade..... my only delima was should I add in yet another pattern or go for a solid colour ????
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    It barely looks like the same kitchen, love the backsplash!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I would go with a light lined linen roman shade. I think that because the lights are a patterned glass a pattern might be too much. You could go with a tan, but I think a pop of color would suit the area. I suggest this Casadeco fabric. You could even motorize it!

    CASADECO Fabrics · More Info
  • 12 years ago
    Keep it simple;)
    Pearson's Room · More Info
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    You could use a shade that has variations in the weave but I would keep it to a single color. Looks like there might be a lot of taupe in the backsplash. Something like these might work.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Nice upgrade !
  • 12 years ago
    Looks great!
  • 12 years ago
    Wow factor is there stunning!

    Your kitchen looks like mine, our backsplash is the same!
  • 12 years ago
    Looks good!
  • 12 years ago
    Love the Roman shade idea and thought that was the answer "hands down" until I saw the burnt orange colored blinds! Shades, blinds - whatever ~ if you want to add some color, that would be a perfect way to do it :)
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Beautiful backsplash!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Looks so nice. I'm gathering ideas for my own kitchen redo and love your Island. Can you tell me what you have under the island?
  • 12 years ago
    Wow
  • 12 years ago
    I think things are getting a bit busy. Keep your shade a solid or a large pattern. good luck. Like the pop of color too.
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Hi Darlene... Sorry for the delayed response.... I just found your request. Attached is a picture of our island. As you can see from the picture my island contains 2 cabinets a set of drawers and a dishwasher. When you complete your re-do don’t forget to add a couple of electrical sockets into the island space.
  • 12 years ago
    Very nice... I am thrifty, I had a Roman Shade over the sink and I had to constantly clean and monitor splashes of liquid and water. Make sure the fabric can handle the abuse.
  • 11 years ago

    What brand microwave is that?

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Just checking in...have you found the perfect shade yet?

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    wow, indeed !

  • 11 years ago

    Love the kitchen can you tell me about the backsplash i know you said you purchase it from Home Depot but I wanted to know the name of style. Thank you

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Nicely done!