Software
Houzz Logo Print
joey930

Backsplash help

12 years ago
Can't choose which backsplash please send thoughts

Comments (22)

  • 12 years ago
    Love them both, but I'd pick the smaller. No wait, the subway tiles. No, definitely the smaller!! I see your dilemma!!
  • 12 years ago
    I like the bigger stone on the left. Beautiful kitchen.
  • 12 years ago
    Right? It's hard I'm leaning toward the larger tile I think the mosaic might be too busy and too trendy
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Gorgeous kitchen. Smaller feels more modern, larger feels more traditional. No wrong choice. Since I prefer classic, my vote is for the larger.
    joey930 thanked Daniel DeSantis Interiors
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you I'm happy with it too not quite finished but getting there
  • 12 years ago
    I'm also having the matching crown to the cabinets wrap around entire space including stairwell to finish the space do you agree?
  • 12 years ago
    Why don't you use the subway and the use the little as an accent under the hood or look at other small tiles, like chicklets. There are some with sparkle pieces scattered. It's a little of a glitz look, but gorgeous! Big subway fan!
    joey930 thanked lisas731
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I vote bigger on the left!
    joey930 thanked Capital Home Staging & Design
  • 12 years ago
    Bigger is better. I like the kitchen.
    joey930 thanked cyndeefarrell
  • 12 years ago
    Love moldings! I would paint the railing white also. :)
    joey930 thanked lisas731
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The left, a classic subway tile is always a great choice!
    joey930 thanked Fireclay Tile
  • 12 years ago
    Both beautiful choices. I am leaning towards the larger tiles though.
    joey930 thanked Tara
  • 12 years ago
    Beauty of a kitchen. I prefer the larger and yes for molding.......very classic.
    joey930 thanked rosecottagehome
  • 12 years ago
    Replying to Lisa731 my floor is ebony mixed with classic gray I was debating on matching floor on the oak and white on the rest suggestions?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I would not say that the smaller tile is more contemporary as artisans have been making mosaic tiles since the dawn of time. I would say that the larger tile has a more tailored and streamline look to it versus the smaller tile. On the other hand, because this tile is going behind the range and installed up to the bottom of the hood (I presume), from a cleaning and maintenance standpoint.. I would go with the larger tile. In addition, I too TRULY like what you have done with the kitchen. However, there is one thing that I see in the cabinetry above the hood. I am not sure if it's the angle of the picture, but it looks like the cabinet doors are slightly off center to the hood.
  • 12 years ago
    Another vote for the larger subway tile. The smaller tile is too busy.
    joey930 thanked Dawn L
  • 12 years ago
    Match the stairs to the floor stain. I would also look for carpet (thin) for the steps to run down center. It will cozy it up and help for sound. But go thin. It will be easier to clean. The sides would be exposed, so f the stain is not exact, it won't noble noticeable. Staircase should be all white.
  • 12 years ago
    I think the left looks more high end!
  • 12 years ago
    definitely subway tiles!
  • 12 years ago
    Subway looks more classic and will probably be easier to clean
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi, Joey, I agree with Barbara, vote the left, big size. Not only expand the space, but also matches your cabinet.
Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH