Software
Houzz Logo Print
dbaer56

How were the drapes hung? Is there a rod and if so what kind?

12 years ago
Pleated Livingroom Draperies · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The draperies are hung on existing traverse rods mounted into the ceiling. The rods are over 40 years old. A groove was made in the celing back then and the rod sets in the goove so only the carriers hang down. Today's traverse rods are bigger. So I had to count the carriers so the workromm did the exact number of pleats. The intaller and I were very careful in hanging the new draperies. If anything went wrong, it could have turned into nightmare. I thought this was a very cool idea for the rod and never seen it before.
    dbaer56 thanked Vintage Interiors
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you. I'm trying to make a backdrop behind my headboard. Didn't want to see the rod.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    You might consider a gathered drapery on a sash rod. Being gathered you won't see the rod and a sash rod will keep it tight to the wall. I also like doing it with a bottom sash rod down near the baseboard for a nice taught look and again, keeping the whole treatment tight to the wall.
  • 12 years ago
    Yes. That's exactly what I have in mind.