Software
Houzz Logo Print
roni_lagamjis

Mirror: yes or no

12 years ago
What do you guys think about this mirror? Does it go? If not what kind of a mirror (that makes a statement) would go? Thanks for your input.

Comments (39)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I like the mirror a lot, but I think it is a bit ornate for the rest of the decor. I recommend something round and more contemporary with cleaner lines. Such as this statement mirror from Z Gallerie: http://www.zgallerie.com/p-7959-empire-mirror.aspx
  • 12 years ago
    Too much for the sleek room.
  • 12 years ago
    I wanted something long as opposed to round, because that is the only mirror in the master bedroom and want it to be functional as well as funky...
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you both for your input, would love another recommendation!!!
  • 12 years ago
    I like the mirror .. but not in your space.

    Do you have a Dania Furniture near you? They have some very cool mirrors:
    rolam1 thanked indianpatti
  • 12 years ago
    I'm thinking no
    rolam1 thanked Jeffery Rost
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Agree with Inspired Interiors!
    rolam1 thanked Virtus Design
  • 12 years ago
    Once again a PRO^ does not listen to what the poster wants *sigh*
    rolam1 thanked User
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    A horizontal mirror with a substantial silver or dark wood finished frame (like the furniture) will add interest to this room.
    rolam1 thanked APK Designs LLC
  • 12 years ago
    How about either of these?
  • 12 years ago
    Sorry, I have to agree, don't like it with the ottoman, like this black one just above though...
    rolam1 thanked Suzana Cindric
  • 12 years ago
    No i don't think that mirror is right for that space.

    What about:
    la jolla muirlands home · More Info

    New Vintage Detroit · More Info

    Mercer House · More Info

    Transitional Bathroom · More Info

    Demarco Round Antique Gold Mirror · More Info

    Art Deco · More Info
    rolam1 thanked silk789
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    The Art Deco one would look great i reckon
    Art Deco · More Info
    rolam1 thanked silk789
  • 12 years ago
    Something that would tie into the rug and furniture on the other wall.
    rolam1 thanked bentchick
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I like the pewter beveled mirror,useful and interesting and long
    rolam1 thanked Dallas Enterprise
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks everyone. I like the rococo ones (I think that's what they're called) I'll have to keep looking...
  • 12 years ago
    Hey guys, how about this mirror? It's on joss and main.
  • 12 years ago
    No!!!
    rolam1 thanked Denyse Ewe
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I like Indianpatti's and Bentchicks suggestions...I found one I like at Pier 1 that we used recently - it also comes in a darker color
    rolam1 thanked HomeScapes Home Staging San Diego
  • 12 years ago
    Yes, it is ornate, but does it go with the rest of the stuff in my room?
  • 12 years ago
    Either one of these would be my choice for the space. pier 1 imports...
  • 12 years ago
    I think you asked, because you could sense this is not a good choice. I would have to see other side of room, bit the "frilly white" is far from funky...overpowering it seems. My favorite recommendation was from Margo.
  • 12 years ago
    Everything in your room--rug and bedding designs--is square and geometric. Frilly is not working with all those angles.

    I 100% agree that Margo's mirror is the best. But design should be all about what makes you happy, so if your heart flutters with frilly, then you should get it because your opinion is the only one which counts.
  • 12 years ago
    I don't think I mentioned wanting a Rococo room. I jut want a mirror That will bring some interest to this room. I don't want to paint my wood furniture, I like it. The ornate mirrors are attractive to me, but I think maybe a rectangular mirror with a funky mirrored frame might be my best bet. Thanks everyone for your comments.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    -- The mirror is wonderful and is a great statement by you considering all of the linear elements in the room. Keep it and hang it there! Break this rule about staying within certain guidelines for a specific style and keep your bedroom exciting! Something simpler is expected, common, and safe. . . Kudos on ya for having the moxie to try something unique!
  • 12 years ago
    Sandy are you referring to the white mirror or the silver one from joss and main? Thanks for the encouragement...
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    -- The white mirror in your first post. Amazing!
  • 12 years ago
    Some mirrors for your consideration (including Margo's suggestion):
  • 12 years ago
    Happyasaclam, thank you for all of your comments. It was thoughtful of you to take your time to make suggestions, and the same goes to all of you. We just moved into the house and am trying to add more style to the room, as right now, I have very simple furnishings and the chrome round ceiling lights and matching sconces. What else can I do to style around those pieces/ that look?
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks griveraxle. I like the rectangular one out of all of them, but was hoping that something fancier night work. Can you photoshop in the last mirror I posted from joss and main, please?
  • 12 years ago
    What can I put above my bed?
  • 12 years ago
    Well, doh. The original mirror: I quite like it.
    rolam1 thanked groveraxle
  • 12 years ago
    You would really go with the original mirror?
  • 12 years ago
    The Joss and Main mirror:
    rolam1 thanked groveraxle
  • 12 years ago
    Here's a bit more accurate depiction of the original mirror's color:
    rolam1 thanked groveraxle
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Howard Elliott Collection is a great source for mirrors. Taking into consideration you would like the mirror to be "usable" as well as interesting (funky) I posted a couple of examples. I went with more contemporary since your room goes that direction. Good Luck!
    rolam1 thanked Charette Design
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    -- Your choice of artwork above your bed relies on what you choose to do as far as mirror choice goes. If you decide to use an ornate mirror frame, the artwork should be very simple so they do not compete. If you choose a simple mirror frame or cover that small wall with a morror panel, floor to ceiling with the bench layered in front of it, the artwork can be more substantial in color and image. Regardless of the style of the artwork, it should be a landscape orientation to fit in the area over the headboard.
    rolam1 thanked Sandy G. ltd.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I really liked Indian Patti's first mirror suggestion. The rectangular silver mirror is beautiful, and flows with your current room's neutral color design aesthetic.
    rolam1 thanked Lori Dennis, ASID, LEED AP