Software
Houzz Logo Print
foreverfarm11

backsplash suggestions

12 years ago
I have a black coral quartz counter and redish (sedonaish) - cabinets in the kitchen....looking for ideals for the backsplash - any suggestions?

Comments (16)

  • 12 years ago
    Great looking kitchen! Will the backsplash go all the way across or is your oven/microwave filling in that area?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    If you want a classic look that will never go out of style, go with cream subway tile. I would not use white because it would be too bright for the floor. Whatever you do, make sure it works with your floor or you will be unhappy.
    foreverfarm11 thanked Ku Interior Design
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    a clear & carrera marble subway tile indeed.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Perhaps a glass subway tile? It gives a modern update to a classic look and comes in many different colors to choose from. Please let us know if we can help you get a few samples to compare.
    Glass Tile Backsplashes by SubwayTileOutlet · More Info
  • 12 years ago
    You can't go wrong with glass subway tiles. I also like the idea of cream subway tiles but I would add two rows of glass mosaic tiles in a color matching your accents. By choosing such a small area to add color, you get the impact but it will be really easy to change out when your taste changes.
  • 12 years ago
    If you change a small area of tile, you still need to change all of the tile. Right? Or am I missing something.

    Your backsplash area isn't huge. It won't cost much to change it if you ever tire of it. Luckily, backsplash is the cheapest part of a kitchen remodel.

    Have fun with whatever you choose. Your kitchen looks really well done.
  • 12 years ago
    The glass tiles can be removed and replaced with another mosaic tile in the same size. I do agree however, it is not very expensive to replace the entire backsplash anyway especially if using subway tile.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Check this tile out. It has creme, red/brown and silver. I found it at Home Depot of all places. I think it would look good with your colors. It's a 1x2.
    foreverfarm11 thanked Interior Re-Styling LLC.
  • 12 years ago
    I do have a microwave and oven in the empty space in the middle. InterioRe-Styling I am really liking the example you gave me! also, I never thought about taking the floor into consideration - thanks so much for the advice on color Addison Design! All great inputs from everyone!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    What do you think of these examples in the pictures?
    foreverfarm11 thanked Cabinets & Granite Direct
  • 12 years ago
    wow - they all look great. I didnt think I would like the botom one, but when I looked at it up close, I really liked it!
  • 12 years ago
    Remember when you add lines at the top and bottom of your backsplash, you are shrinking the visible space between the cabinets and the counter. Not such an issue when you have high cabinets or a long run. Your run is a bit smaller and I would stick with very sleek lines.

    Just my unprofessional opinion. And you know what they say about those. LOL
    foreverfarm11 thanked notme11
  • 12 years ago
    I would go with something simple (and not too yellowy) because you have pinky-beige floor tile. Carrara would look great.
  • 12 years ago
    My husband thought this was our kitchen. Nonetheless, I have chosen a glass mosaic tile for the small area. To add a bolder pop of color all of my accent pieces are a deep red including a few small . I plan on carrying the same color scheme into the attached dining area which is small.
  • 12 years ago
    ... meant to say small appliances - coffee maker and toaster....