Software
Houzz Logo Print
emilygb55

Need help with decorating a room divider screen

12 years ago
A friend gave me an old bamboo screen divider that I'd like to use in my condo large room. This space serves as my living space/office/gym and I'd like to use the divider to sometimes separate the office/gym from the living area.
At first I thought I'd try putting rice paper into the screen and paint it with some Asian inspired blossoms, but Asian doesn't really match the room. Then I thought about putting some kind of fabric in the screen? I would love some advice. I've included pictures of the space and the screen.
A word about the space: this long room was originally intended to be a living room/dining room space but I put my dining room table in the eat in kitchen and made it into a living room/office space. The black hutch along the wall won't fit in the kitchen and so was relegated here and ditto for the large armoire housing the tv which was originally intended for the upstairs bedroom. Having moved from a 4 bedroom house into this space and know the condo isn't permanent, I hate to get rid of this furniture so I am trying to make the best of it. Also, I recently bought the treadmill and wanting to use it daily chose to put it here instead of in an upstairs guest room. An odd choice, no doubt, but because it's working with the motivation to exercise I'd like to keep it here.
Thank you in advance for any thoughts, guidance, suggestions on the room and the divider. I asked for advice here on a question once before and was blown away by the expertise of the people who responded and all of the really cool ideas people had!
Best,
Emily

Comment (1)