Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jett254

Cabinet panel tub/shower combo - so confused?!?

jett254
10 years ago
We are renovating the guest bathroom in our 1927 colonial home. It is not a large bathroom and the plan is to keep the layout pretty much the same.
The bathroom has two doors - one leads to a guest room and one leads to the hallway. Walking in the hallway door, you have the tub/shower to the left, the vanity to the right and the toilet past the vanity. Then the door to the guest room is on the left wall just past the tub and the window is on the back wall toward the left. The vanity is very shallow - 18 inches - so we will have a custom one built.

My issue/question is the tub/shower combo. The look I'd like to achieve is a newbathtub installed (30x60) - so it will be butted against two walls that will be tiled with subway tile. Then on the other two walls, I'd like to have a white cabinet panel surround the tub (not sure what that is called) and then have a marble slab surround sit on top of the tub on those same two walls and then put a frameless glass shower door sitting on top of that.

See picture for an example of what I mean by the white cabinet panel - I might be using the wrong name.

I'm trying to figure out what kind of tub I need to achieve this since my tub only installs against two walls - not 3 -- right now, the tub has a knee wall at the end by the door into the guest room. I'm so confused - do I need a drop-in, an undermount, something else? Will this design work? Appreciate any guidance!!!

Comments (5)