Software
Houzz Logo Print
sbrustein

I turned a cheap table into something really special!!

12 years ago
I purchased a really cheap table from Home Goods to hold a cable box. It was painted a flat black with no interest at all. I used Annie Sloan chalk paint in Old Ochre, used 2 coats, sanded to distress it and used one coat of clear wax and then a second application of dark wax heavily diluted with the clear wax. I am very pleased with the results. The first picture is the before. The second is after.

Comments (14)

  • 12 years ago
    Looks good! Nice job on the distressing.
  • 12 years ago
    Hehe.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Good job! looks great.
  • 12 years ago
    Nice. I need to get me some of that chalk paint! Or maybe not, I'll be painting everything in sight haha.
  • 12 years ago
    I just bought my first Annie Sloan paint yesterday. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet....lolol ..but very excited. You inspired me. Thanks.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Cute !
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Nice!
  • 12 years ago
    I liked it better before, but I love the idea of buying something inexpensive and making into a piece that you love!
  • 12 years ago
    Krf9- my husband also doesn't get the charm of shabby chic. I think it's an acquired taste. My daughter wants it for her apartment. I painted cheap plain snack tables from KMart for my den. It was a lot of work, but I am happy with the results.
  • 12 years ago
    Sorry don't see after shot.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Great job! I love the distressed finish.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    What a fun project!
  • 12 years ago
    Nancy- this is the after for the little black table.