Software
Houzz Logo Print
ioswich

Looking for but can't find a 30 inch top mount farm house sink

12 years ago
I have searched everywhere but can't find a farm house sink around $500.00 that fits above the laminate counter top,since I'm using laminate I can't use a under sink and don't want cast iron,any suggestions would be greatly accepted!!! Love the Formica Black walnut timber 180 fx hope to get that for my counter top and my dream (The 30 inch farm house sink) Thank you

Comments (29)

  • 12 years ago
    Homedepot.com has a 30 inch stainless steel farmhouse sink for $449.
  • 12 years ago
    I'm sorry,I didn't mention I do not like stainless steel I'm looking for a white farm house (apron) sink
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Not sure about "fits above the laminate counter top", but a google search for "30 inch top mount farmhouse sink" found multiple options.
    ioswich thanked PPF.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The seams that would need to be adjacent to a farm house sink install (self edge next to sink) are problematic. I've never seen an install with laminate and a farm sink that lasted beyond 3 years without water damage. Real wood would be a better choice than laminate!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I still do not get the whole farmhouse sink thing, it is a fad as far as I am concerned so I would go with a nice drop in .
  • 12 years ago
    Hey Patricia ,Sorry but I disagree with you! Always wanted a farm house sink & now that I'm getting a new kitchen I'm going to get a farm house sink and If it costs much more so be it!!!!,Like the old saying goes To each his or her own & that sink is my own!!!! Byee & thanks for your comment
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I'm confused.... so are you looking for a top mount sink or an apron sink? Also, Karaan is the only sink line that you can mount as an "under mount" on a laminate top- if you really do want to do that mount option.
  • 12 years ago
    OK! I'm looking at a top mount apron sink,it can be used with laminate counter top,It is a self trimming top mount apron sink which means it has the lip same as a drop in sink but the front goes over the front of the countertop and drops down as a apron ,just remove the false front on the front of the cabinet,the sink is put in as a drop in and sealed as one just use clear sealer not white,come in 30-35 inch single or double sink.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    So not only are looking for a 30" top mount apron front... you need it to be a retrofitted sink to an existing base cabinet? In other words, you didn't buy a new cabinet that is specifically made for an apron front sink? That's going to be next to impossible to find. You may want to contact the formica/laminate company and see if they know of any sink companies they have partnered with.
  • 12 years ago
    Found my sink through Lowes,They have installed this sink and it looks and works like a complete farm house sink without having to cut out the sink cabinet etc ,The sink is aCorstone Model 37 Primrose it is listed as a undermount but works much better as a top mount & easier to install & use..Check it out for yourself ,It is a acrylic sink which I had in Fl and loved it.....The salesperson in Lowes said they installed the sink & it looks just like a apron sink and it works beautifully
  • 12 years ago
    I'd like your feed back If you check it out!!!! Byee
  • 12 years ago
    Here is another site that shows the type sink I was looking for and shows how to install it!! I hope you will look at it so you will all know what I meant about the sink I am looking for ...."At The Picket Fence.com Installing a Ikea farmhouse sink in a existing cabinet. I hope this helps everyone looking for this type sink like I am Thank you
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    A lot of our customers have had good results with finding sinks on Amazon.
    ioswich thanked Evans Woodworking Inc
  • PRO
  • 11 years ago
    Here is one example: http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Vault™-29-3-4-x-24-5-16-x-9-5-16-top-mount-single-bowl-stainless-steel-kitchen-sink-with-shortened-apron-front-for-30cabinet/productDetail/Stainless-Steel-Kitchen-Sinks/429134.htm;jsessionid=6B3463AD331E0F66B611B7B0E1DAE8AD.kohler-prod1-ecom2
  • 11 years ago
    Good thing it's a top mount. It'll be easier to rip out in a couple of years when it's all scratched up. Acrylic plastic sinks do not last. Farm sinks installed into laminate do not last either. The counters experience moisture damage. Farm sinks need stone or solid surface counters and should be made from fireclay, cast iron, or stainless, as those are durable to withstand the wear and tear endured by a kitchen sink.
  • 11 years ago
    I had a acrylic sink for over 5 years when I lived in Fl,very easy to clean,scratchs came out easy with a scubby no problems,I liked it so much I have a acrylic top mount farm house sink and I love it I have no problems with it at all!!!!!
  • 11 years ago
    http://alfitrade.com/index.html

    These guys were the best I've seen. Can be pricey but very unique and easy to work with.
  • 11 years ago
    Did you ever buy the Corstone? How do you like it?
  • 11 years ago
    I have the corstone sink & I love it, fits perfectly and I have it as a over mount ,fits on the laminate with a nice rim, actually fits better as over mount then it would have as a under mount..I highly recommend it
  • 11 years ago
    Wondering how your topmount farmhouse sink is holding up?
  • 11 years ago

    Really interested in how this is holding up and how you did it? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!


  • 11 years ago

    Hi My vinyl farmers sink is great, fit it over the opening & went right down over front of cabinet, fit great put it in top mount like a regular sink ,Love it & my kitchen,,I ordered it on line from Lowes Had it delivered to house nice & big & roomie got the 36 inch sink ,,nice to have a carpenter in the family ,Was scared to death as cabinet is 30 inches ,put 2 fillers in between cabinets & looks like cabinet & sink were made for each other,,compliments from everyone love it

  • 11 years ago
    I have not yet purchased the sink as my Reno is on hold. Ioswich do you have any photos/info you can share about your sink?
  • 11 years ago

    Going to try to send picture of kitchen with the sink,won't promise anything but will try ok????
    Don't know how I did this but also picture of my son lol don't know how to take it off!!!!!



  • 11 years ago
    Your sink looks awesome! What is the make/model? What was the cost?
  • 11 years ago

    It's a corstone vinyl sink, got it on line from Lowes was approx.$400.00,It is a 36 inch sink but cabinet is 30 in with the fillers or separators to make it bigger & it fit perfect ,I love it ,Got the brick on line from Lowes also!!!!!!..Glad you like it

  • 11 years ago

    Wanted a old fashioned farm house look and the sink fit in the design perfect copared to the other ones it is the cheapest plus I like a over sink much better then the undermount ,This supposed to be a undermount but it fit so much better as a over mount large rim