Software
Houzz Logo Print
tricia_hoffman

What are the standard spaces around shower fixtures?

12 years ago
We're remodeling our master bath. At this point, we have designed a shower that is 56" by 60". The 60" wall will have a 16" bench against it. We also are planning two shower heads. One somewhere in the 56" wall and one rain shower coming out of the ceiling with controls on the 60" wall. What I can't figure out is where the shower heads and controls should be exactly. It's a two person shower, and we want two people to be able to use the shower heads. How do I make sure each person has enough room for elbows and knees while not bumping into each other (unreasonably) and not banging toes into the bench? I remember reading somewhere a great article that laid out exactly the distances from the shower head to the walls and such, but can't find it now. Any help is much appreciated.

Comments (3)