Software
Houzz Logo Print
mommysf

What's inside those long cabinets?

12 years ago
I would love to see what's behind the long cabinet doors. I'm assuming pantry. Do you have any pics to share?
Colorful Cottage · More Info

Comments (7)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Yes, it's a pantry with 2 pull out shelves and 2 fixed shelves. It's a little too messy to take a picture of now, but in hindsight, I wish that I would've split those 2 doors in half and made it 4 doors. The height of the doors is too tempting to kids to hang on when they're open!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Was wrong - actually has 4 pull out shelves and 2 fixed.
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks for the tips. And with kids do you find that you love your sink? And what about the double stack dishwasher. We r in the very early process of planning our remodel so any help is much appreciated.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I love the sink - make sure that you get as deep a sink as possible - lessens the splash factor. I would never recommend the dishwasher. There are just 3 of us and I run both top and bottom at least once/day. It's really not sufficient in space or inside design. I'm sure some people love it, but with kids, I would never get it again. Hope that helps!
  • 12 years ago
    Noted! Great advice, thank you so very much.
  • 12 years ago
    Hi again we are getting closer to a design and was wondering a couple things:
    -what are the sinks measurements?

    -do you love your granite? We are torn about countertops. I love wood but we are always in our kitchen and have heard it would be a lot of work. My husband is leaning towards ceasarstone.

    I would appreciate any of your thoughts. Thank you.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi - the sink measurement is 27lx16wx8d. I do love the granite - it's such an easy surface to take care of. I have had experience with butcher block countertops and they were surprisingly easy to take care of. They do require a bit more caution with hot things and liquids. If I were going to use wood, I think I'd limit it to an island. I have friends with ceasarstone who love it. I think that after granite, that would be my 2nd choice. Hope I got this back to you in time! Let me know if you have any other questions. If it's easier to talk on the phone about these things, I'd be happy to do that as well.
    Thanks!