Software
Houzz Logo Print
mzayor1

Countertops

12 years ago
Love the countertop!!! Is it granite or marble and what's the name of it?!
Northbrook Kitchen · More Info

Comments (5)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The stone is a granite called "Andromeda". We found it at American Granite in Elk Grove Village, IL.
  • 11 years ago

    Hello! Just wondering if this particular piece has the garnet throughout? If so, do you feel it is overpowering or complementary?


  • PRO
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    The stone does have garnets throughout. In this Kitchen it was a nice way to bring in a little bit of color without being overwhelming.

  • 11 years ago

    I ended up going with Andromeda. After my decision, I was SO worried about the "garnet". A contractor in conversation called it "purple" and I had nightmares about my counter tops being purple! As it turns out, I love it and it is beautiful. I will try to post a picture!


  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I'm glad that you are happy with your decision! It's a beautiful stone!