Software
Houzz Logo Print
silveradomoose

Help match these cabinets

12 years ago
I just ordered these cabinets. Only it does not have the glaze in the cavities. Not exactly what I really wanted but it's the best I could do for the money. I am having a lot of trouble trying to pick a backsplash tile, floor tile, stone counter top, and wall color to go with these. This is a total remodel of a kitchen. Any ideas would be helpful. All stainless appliances and I want to go with white trim in the room but I'm not sure if I can pull it off with this color cabinets now. Thank you

Comments (15)

  • 12 years ago
    I think they're very pretty! Choose your counters next, then go onto tile, etc
  • 12 years ago
    The cabinets will be very pretty.

    I have a similar color (maybe a bit darker) and have cottage white trim.

    Good idea to find counters next.

    What kind of look are you going for?

    Please post more photos!
  • 12 years ago
    This is the lay out the designer and I came up with and what my
    Kitchen looks now. They drywall work is completely done and the walls are in primer now.
  • 12 years ago
    how to tie in white trim and the living room with it since you will be able to see most of it when you walk through the door. Would you all go with white or dark countertops?
  • 12 years ago
    I have similar cabinets and used a scabos travertine. I have ceaserstone buttermilk countertop and white trim.
  • 12 years ago
    To sph137
    Backsplash and counters look wonderful. How do you clean the backsplash? I'm forever splashing stuff behind the stove and need something that cleans up fairly easily.
    Can you put a hot pan on the counter? I had granite for a couple of years and moved to a house that has Corian counters. Hate that I can't put a hot pan on the counters.
  • 12 years ago
    Love your cabinets! Mine are similar...these are stock photos of our kitchen which is being sheet rocked tomorrow ! We were going with marble look quartz but made a change and going with costa esmerelda granite and sage green glass subway tile...against all advice, but I love it!

    You should bring a cabinet door with you to get countertop...

    Please post finished pix!
  • 12 years ago
    Hi bighouse! From what I have read, you shouldn't put a hot pot on granite or quartz. In any case, I'm not taking any chances.
    I wipe down the black splash with warm water and a microfiber cloth after I cook to keep up with any splatters.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hello! Since your flooring is going to be the thing in the room that you may see the most of you should look at selecting your flooring first then choosing your counter top and backsplash. Bring your door with you and get samples of everything so you can lay it all out and see how everything works together. We also wrote an article about backsplashes that may help you decide on what to choose: http://articles.thertastore.com/article/5_different_types_of_backsplashes Here's another article on counter tops: http://articles.thertastore.com/article/top_5_kitchen_countertop_ideas_by_rtastore Hope some of these will help. Best of luck!
  • 12 years ago
    I happen to think the Facebook sample photo of the finished kitchen you posted is beautiful! Why not use that as your basis for finishing your kitchen? It's gorgeous!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Beautiful choice color of cabinets...Just a suggestion for your back splash… glass tiles would be an elegant light generating addition. You can go with a neutral field tile and accent with a splash of color to tie in with the counter top and or floors that you go with. This can be achieved by using anyone of our 37+ standard formats or 15+ Architectural assemblies, giving you a truly custom experience just for you. Feel free to have a look at our site for countless creative custom ideas. Wishing you a sparkling day.
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you all for the help. I would like to go with a glass mosaic backsplash. I think the problem is the color of the cabinets is not what I had in mind in my vision. But I will have to work with them. Would a grey counter top fit well with them?
  • 12 years ago
    I think grey is perfect. Easy on the eye and not clashing with your mosaic. Neutral tone does not show every spec of dust. Is there some way to use a light tone so as to reflect any window light into your room?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Neutrals look lovely with that finish of cabinet, which is quite a beautiful choice. Black, grays, white, tans and soft colors will help to soften the space and make the cabinets look much richer. Here is an example of a project where we used similar cabinets and colors. Hope this helps. -Chelsea Construction
    Monte Vista Kitchen · More Info

    Monte Vista Kitchen · More Info

    Monte Vista Kitchen · More Info

    Monte Vista Kitchen · More Info
Sponsored
Daniel Home
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin Co, Ohio