Software
Houzz Logo Print
jennymsu90

Advice please regarding mixing existing granite or changing entirely

12 years ago
We are moving the wall in our kitchen with the refrigerator and double oven back about 2 feet bc we are adding a mud room, powder room, etc. behind that wall. My dilemma is that I do not like the existing granite (Brownie) and want to change it to a lighter color granite to lighten up the kitchen. Originally, I was going to change the island granite to Black Galaxy (with small flecks) and add counter seating and just keep the Brownie on the perimeter. I am thinking that it will show everything and that will drive me crazy! It will also just make the kitchen appear darker. I am noticing while I look through all the kitchen pics that I like the lighter color granite now. Any comments or ideas would be appreciated! Pardon the mess, they already started the demolition. Thank you!