Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_6632488

Decorating the place

12 years ago
I posted yesterday old photos of my place. I am posting new photos and i would like some ideas how to decorate the place.

Comments (18)

  • 12 years ago
    no not really
  • 12 years ago
    I would love some suggestions
  • 12 years ago
    OKAY. Do you live on your own? How often are you at this place? Who shares it with you?
    Brandon It-Tati thanked marwaulhaq
  • 12 years ago
    What do you love about the space and what do you hate?
    Brandon It-Tati thanked marwaulhaq
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    The apartment looks in excellent shape, but between the white walls and flooring and the stone walls, can feel a bit cold, I would soften it up - the fluffy rug, cocktail table and the warm wood in the dining room are a good start. What furnishings do you love and want to keep? You need a large rug in neutrals to anchor the dining area, good lighting and art to balance the strong wall. For the living room, again that stone wall needs simplifying and balancing - you can do a new wall TV unit in warm woods and if you're keeping the sofa than some dressier pillows will help. I would also add art above the unit to the left of the door. below just some ideas, the rug and TV unit can be done in any colors.
    Brandon It-Tati thanked Cliff Young Ltd.
  • 12 years ago
    I live with my wife, il love movies and landscapes , we both do
  • 12 years ago
    Cliff Young thanks a lot for your advice . I just didn't understand what you mean by anchor with the carpet . does this mean we need a carpet under the table
  • 12 years ago
    Ok. Well then I would change the rug since you probably use this room as a high traffic area and the shag probably sheds. Also, the fact that it is a bit two toned and a bit shiny can clash with the beautiful stone work. I would recommend a woven carpet, something with a beautiful pattern in a cool colour. I like the orange from the dining area and would incorporate it through accessories.

    The dining room wall that is plain is basically begging for painted art - I am thinking landscape since you both love it so much. The stone wall near the dining table might not look like such a grand block of stone if you break it up with maybe a large mirror? That'd also make the place look bigger. Also maybe an area rug under the table?

    The kitchen area is impressive, really stunning. I could suggest that you paint the beautiful ceiling where the spot lights are...that might be cool.
    Brandon It-Tati thanked marwaulhaq
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Yes, a rug would help define the dining area as a room, and also balance and soften the stone wall, which is gorgeous, but really strong. I would go for something in neutral colors in wool and silk. Do you have ceiling wiring for a lighting fixture? I would add art on the opposite wall and window treatments in textured neutral fabrics. The apartment is beautiful and with good natural light, since you both love landscapes perhaps add some live plants? this is what we did in our showroom, it's so cool to design with plants indoors.
    Brandon It-Tati thanked Cliff Young Ltd.
  • 12 years ago
    yes we have light points on dining table . What are your suggestion re lightning ??
  • 12 years ago
    Craftyoldman , thanks for all your suggestions. I Think we would go on orange so what are your suugestions or idea on carpet underneath the table ?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    something contemporary fresh for chandeliers and some soft shimmer for the rug, done in creams and light browns or color if you like - do you want to maintain a neutral color scheme or go for some color? Do you own art?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    3D accent walls from 360 Design
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    If it is possible to lose the stone wall in the dining room and add a rich darker shade wall covering along that wall as well as the smaller wall to the left will warm up the place a lot. The stone around the fireplace is beautiful and should be the shining star and not compete with another stone wall. An area rug under the dining table would be a great addition as well. We have fantastic lights that would look great as a centerpiece over your dining table. I attached some idea of what we have but there are many more possibilities on our website @ www.bahirlighting.com

    For the wall in your kitchen, maybe add either a live wall (herb wall!) or built in shelving with accessories will make it feel more inviting and lived in.
  • 12 years ago
    Sure. Do you see how the rug completely transforms the space? I would also suggest something similar (maybe not the same colour) for the sitting room.
  • 12 years ago
    You don't have to just stick to orange, either. You could have a woven rug with hints of orange in it. That would allow the orange hue on your dining chairs to pop
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    You could add a water wall on the wall by the table... would look amazing. Water walls are not only pleasing to the eye but they also help clean the air by attracting dust particles. Check out more at http://www.luxewaterwalls.com/

    80" Wide Wall Fountains in Various Clients Homes · More Info


    80" Wide Wall Fountains in Various Clients Homes · More Info


    54" Wide Fountain in Various Homes · More Info


    54" Wide Fountain in Various Homes · More Info