Software
Houzz Logo Print
kimberly_roberts649

Lighting?

11 years ago
We are looking to install similar lighting in our garage. Where did you find the materials? Great Reno!
Garage Studio Conversion · More Info

Comments (2)

  • 11 years ago

    Hi Kimberly, sorry for the insane delay on this response, I just noticed your question on the upper right hand corner of my Houzz home page. The wood is EXTREMELY inexpensive and very thin grooved pine boards from Lowe's. They aren't with the lumber section but are in a bin on their own usually at the end of an isle on the back of the store, they're designed for wood paneled walls but are so light weight, I've seen people use them a lot for ceilings and accent walls. With a good stain, you really can't tell they're thin and light, we get compliments on the ceiling all the time in this studio.

  • 9 years ago

    Great job Bryan- I'm about to do the same to my garage. I have a few questions- how much did they whole thing cost? were you concerned about legality given that the garage door is no longer operable? How did you deal with the cross-beams and maintaining structural integrity? I was told you couldn't just rip em out....Did you put drywall behind the ceiling pine boards?