Software
Houzz Logo Print
mamamagnolia

Plants for gravel garden

19 years ago

Hi all,

The previous owners of our house put in a gravel front lawn which I planned to replace with someting else as soon as possible. Recently, though, I have been looking at photos of "gravel gardens" and have decided to embrace it and just go ahead and garden in the gravel. The thing is, I would rather have the garden look more asian/northwest regional than desert or mediterranian. I think this will go well with the house and with the azaleas that already create a border between the house and the gravel. I am thinking that I can give it an asian/northwest look by sticking to a pretty limited color palette of greens and dark reds and avoiding the blues and silvers that may make it look more mediterranian or desert-like. I would love suggestions for plants if anyone feels like being creative. Green/red plants that would do well with the great drainage of gravel. Thanks!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals