My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
Has anyone grown this in a container year round? I have a big container that I would like to use for this year round. I grew it in a smaller one this summer and it did pretty well and I had planned to put it in the ground but I am a little aprehensive about suckering, height, etc. Has anyone done/seen this done? Thanks a lot
I've not had a problem with it suckering (it's my first year growing Sutherland Gold). I've grown several other varieties and have never had suckering problems either. I'll cut it down to 6 inches in the late fall to keep the height down.
I wouldn't use mine as a container plant since it's leaves will be dropping off soon, and the twigs would be a boring winter container. Better off in the landscape.
I grew one of the purple elderberries--can't remember which one--and it was stunted by the experience. It was in a pot for four years and is now, finally, in the ground, but it is still not growing much at all. The good news is that it is a cute little thing, but it is certainly much, much smaller than it would be if I had started it in the ground.
nwnatural
xantippe
Related Professionals
Vincennes Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Houma Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Joplin Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Salinas Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Sarasota Landscape Contractors · Middletown Landscape Contractors · Lansing Landscape Contractors · Trenton Landscape Contractors · Santa Fe Landscape Contractors · Dothan Architects & Building Designers · DeRidder Architects & Building Designers · Baltimore Architects & Building Designers · Asheville Architects & Building Designers · Bemidji Architects & Building Designers · Wausau Architects & Building Designers