Software
Houzz Logo Print
ellen_portland

Can I prune this without problems?

18 years ago

I have a Tardiva Hydrangea that has a bald area. It doesn't seem to have any buds. Come the Fall- October? can I trim this down below the branch out and not have it suffer with no blooms next Spring? I wouldn't mind it being more compact and open up the window more.

I know this may sound totally stupid, but I am a real beginner when it comes to seasons and an outside garden. I would think it would be fine, I've pruned plants before, I just wondered about blooms.

The plant seems pretty happy otherwise. The site gets pretty good sun, although I do have a Petite Orchid Crape Myrtle next to it that has never bloomed- have had it three years.

Thanks for listening.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Columbus' Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting