Software
Houzz Logo Print
houzzerpolls

6 All Time Popular Dining Rooms - Pick your Favorite!

13 years ago
These are 6 of the most all-time popular dining rooms on Houzz!

Which one would you most like to gather in for Thanksgiving dinner?

VOTE and let us know what you love about it!

Comments (41)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Yes, these are great examples of well designed rooms that obviously reflect the homeowners tastes and lifestyles. I do love eating "in the round" as is the tradition in Asian homes however it's not always possible.
  • 13 years ago
    i love the dinning room with black chairs.it is lovely.the interior is perfect i like the mirror,the wall ,i guess with black wallpaper.even though all the other designs are equally stunning.i am doing up my own flat.though it is not big but as my hubby is an architect and interior designer.he is doing our home very wel.and i am happy with the way things are going.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Fun poll and they truly are great dining rooms - I like to have room when dining especially with a group for a lingering affair - the Denver ranch - loads of room - not over done feels good - however, would also be able to kick back and relax at the north shore table - super comfy while being stunning!
  • 13 years ago
    I went for the North Shore dining room by AMI Designs. I love the simplicity of the design and especially love the salvaged table - it looks like the perfect setting for Thanksgiving dinner!
  • 13 years ago
    I voted for Lake Minnetoka although I was not crazy about the gray wallcovering. I loved North Shore Dining room except the rustic table looked very out of place - the table should have been in a cabin somewhere.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Gotta vote for the modern style of the Denver Ranch.
  • 13 years ago
    Loved both the Denver Ranch, but could easily see eating at the round table of the traditional Dallas. so went with Dallas.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    My vote would be for the North Shore..It's all about giving "Thanks" being with friends and family. I can see the comfort and warmth at this table and it's all about the atmosphere..
  • 13 years ago
    They are all absolutely gorgeous.. but have to pick Denver Ranch...the views, the fire place, lighting would be gorgeous at night...
  • 13 years ago
    You got to be kidding! I'm supposed to CHOOSE? Let's do a "progressive dinner" and visit every one! As long as none of them are in Manhattan. I don't think they're going to be dug out by Christmas, nevermind THanksgiving!

    But I have to choose Traditional Dallas -- although Showcase House is vying with it! Dallas! Love that chandelier! And the colors. I'm in love!
  • 13 years ago
    I love the Lake Minnetonka. Nice floor plan and ceiling plan.
  • 13 years ago
    Denver Ranch, it's bright and comfortable. A bit too modern for me but aside from the House of the Year the most appropriate for large dinner.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    They will all make beautiful dining areas and a nice surrounding for a nice family meal! I picked North Shore as a traditional roast meal looks really great on a long natural looking wooden table plus there usually is a large gathering at those times.

    I came to that choice by imagining how a large roast with all the trimmings etc would look on each table, thus my choice. Of course like someone said above.. let's dine in each of them!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    My vote was Lake Minnetoka. Colors are clean and classic, and the use of texture with the grass cloth on the walls, fabric selection for chairs and crystals on the chandelier are a pefect blend.
  • 13 years ago
    All the rooms were fantastic, but the fireplace was the draw for the Denver house
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Denver ranch for me.
    A fireplace a view, and it doesn't seem like the kind of place where I'd have to ask to be excused to leave the table. The only thing missing is our legs under the table.
  • 13 years ago
    Willowgrove is elegant yet a bit too formal. House of The Year is the coziest looking for a small family Thanksgiving celebration.
  • 13 years ago
    Boy I am not impressed with any of them. Guess I wasn't cut out to be rich and famous. They all make me feel like being in a dining room in Las Vegas. Don't like the high cielings, cut glass light fixtures, all way too formal for me.
  • 13 years ago
    I love the fireplace in 'Denver Ranch' but it's a bit barren & cold other than that for my taste. The ceiling completed the great, well thought out design in the 'Lake Minnetonka' -I love tray ceilings. They all are great, and all better than mine!
  • 13 years ago
    I love the country table and elegant chairs of the North Shore dining room and the romance of the chandelier. I'd like to see this dining room in the evening with candlelight.
  • 13 years ago
    The Denver Ranch is the only one that I would have in my home. The table in the North Shore is nice but the chairs and sideboard are too similar and give it a "matchy" vibe.
  • 13 years ago
    I love the table in North Shore, the walls, floor and light fixture in Traditional Dallas, The chairs in Denver Ranch
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Man these where all winners.Very difficult to chose.The fireplace and views sold me on denver. Table at northshore does stir me room wasnt warm enough.Sofa around table looks cozy but does that ever really work?And it was white. Minnetonka is GORGEOUS but too stiff.Dallas had everday appeal but it looked cramped at the table or maybe needed a rug? I didnt answer poll first time because i couldnt decide. I tried to think of which one I would like if I had to see it everyday...Denver was it.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I like this one better...
  • 13 years ago
    I voted for Denver Ranch. I wanted to vote for North Shore, but that table looked too contrived, farmhouse without the farmhouse.
  • 13 years ago
    Minnetonka has a classy serenity about it.
  • 13 years ago
    I vote for Denver ranch .The fire place is great with the stone wall and it made a very good partition ,and I liked the mix of the very dark color with the very bright one.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    It was a toss up between the Denver ranch and the North Shore for its simplicity, but I went with the ranch because of the fireplace.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I'm eating at Willowgrove!
  • 13 years ago
    Lake Minnetonka - Twist Interior Design!
  • 13 years ago
    I'm head over heals for Lake Minnetonka, but Willowgrove took my breath away.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Denver Ranch looks cozy!

    Willowgrove is really nice too in its own way, but different chairs would have made it even better.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I'd ask for seconds in the Lake Minnetonka DR just so I can stare at those textured walls longer. Winner!
  • 12 years ago
    I voted for House of the Year. Love the coziness and those big windows as a backdrop.
    The windows make such a statement.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Loving the grasscloth and artwork in the Lake Minnetonka dining table. That one has my vote! :)
  • 12 years ago
    They are all rather nice although I personally don't like so much black in a room. The problem I had in choosing one is that most of these would never seat all the extended family who come to Thanksgiving dinner! I need seating for a minimum of 15 and usually more like 20 for that meal.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I love the bold look from the dark colors used in the Willowgrove Dining Room!
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Can appreciate all the architectural details in the Minnetonka dining room!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    All of the rooms are exceptional and well designed. I have two favorites House of the Year, and Traditional Dallas. I love a dining room that invites you to linger.....well designed conversational areas, views, and finishing details so my pick House of the Year.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Any one of them! All incredible.