Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattygardencat

Bosch delivery problems?

pattycat
17 years ago

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are anxiously awaiting delivery of a Bosch Nexxt 500 washer. We've been waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting.

Is this happening to anyone else out there?

We ordered the machine on Dec. 29 from Lowe's. The original estimated delivery date was end of January, but that was first moved up to January 20 and then pushed back again to January 30. Now, Lowe's has kept telling us "one more week" for the past three weeks - except yesterday, we were told it will take *at least* two more weeks.

We're having trouble figuring out if Bosch is really that backed up - and if so, why no one could have told us that earlier - or if the problem lies with our local Lowe's. We're located in a small midwestern college town. Since we're not in a major market for Bosch appliances, we suspected our Lowe's might have been waiting to get enough orders to make a delivery worthwhile for both themselves and Bosch.

Besides being excited to get the new machine, we're still struggling along with our old Calypso, hoping that it won't eat or stain too many more clothes before the new machine arrives. (The collected wisdom of this site was invaluable in 1) realizing that I wasn't a crazy or incompetent housewife, but merely experiencing the Calypso's design flaws, and 2) deciding that the Bosch was our best bet when it comes to avoiding becoming laundry victims again.)

At this stage of the game, we've waited so long and are so sure that we want a Bosch that we are loathe to cancel our order. But we're starting to despair of ever receiving it.

Any insights?

Thanks,

PattyCat

Comments (49)

• dross
    17 years ago

This is entirely a Lowe's problem. They should have known what the stock situation was when they sold you the machine. You should go to the store and sit on the manager until they either (a) expedite the order, (b) upgrade your machine, and/or (c) give you a gift certificate for some lumber or something. - DR

• pattycat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the advice, dross. My husband is going to head for Lowe's tomorrow morning and try to get some satisfaction per your suggestions. (He's better at getting results; I do righteous indignation just fine, but tend to cave in the actual confrontation.)

I will let y'all know what happens next. Our Lowe's tends to be relatively unaccommodating, probably because they are well-nigh the only game in town. (The only alternative is Sears, which of course doesn't carry Bosch.)

I would love to know if the supply back-up at Bosch is real, and if anyone here has had similar experiences.

Thanks -
    PattyCat

• jcrowley99
    17 years ago

I just ordered a Bosch Nexxt 700 at my local Lowes today. They are special order and my estimated delivery date is March 6th. I also looked at the 500. They had 4 in stock and would have delivered it Wednesday. I hope I did not make a mistake not taking one of the 500s. My salesman said they recently changed the way they recieve Bosch items. They use to be shipped to the store directly from Bosch, now they are being shipped to a central location then on to local stores. Hope you get your machine soon!

• pattycat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the feedback - this is helpful, as it suggests the problem is regional. (We are in southeastern Ohio, but the Columbus stores also seem to be having delivery problems, too, judging from the info on Lowe's website.)

I hope you have nothing but great experiences - and prompt delivery - with your 700. Maybe I should demand an upgrade? ;-)

PattyCat

• jcrowley99
    17 years ago

To be honest, I was all set to buy the 500 when I decided to browse through the manual for the 700. I was sucked in to buying it by the quick wash mode. I think it will be great to have a little more flexibility in the wash cycles. We don't generate a lot of really dirty laundry anyhow, two adults (only office work) and one highschool boy (not athletic). So I spent an extra $200.00. My husband is just happy I made up my mind so I will stop talking about the pros and cons of different washers. If they have a 700, maybe you can get them to give you a discount and install it next day for all the trouble you have had! It is pretty much the same machine with a few extra bells and whistles.

• pattycat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I just spoke with our Lowe's manager for the third time this week - the poor woman started working there only three days ago. One of the Columbus stores is going to send down a 500 and we should have it within a week.

Apparently my problem was a mix of local incompetence (our Lowe's totally failed to order it properly!) compounded by a real backlog in the past few weeks. So, there wasn't a backlog when we placed the order, but there is now. Potential customers might be wise to look for it in-stock, if they have a choice of stores.

I'll post one more time when the machine actually arrives. I can't quite believe it yet.

PattyCat

• wblynch
    17 years ago

Great news Pattycat. I hope you like your Bosch as much as we like ours.

My wife Jane likes it even more since I now help with over 50% of the laundry. (Guys like gadgets, I guess...)

-Bill

• pattycat
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just to fill y'all in on the rest of the story: We got our Nexxt 500 delivered this Tuesday. While the installers weren't terribly competent, it seems to be working fine, apart from some initial rubbery odors.

Our Lowe's manager has great. She is going to credit us $100 for our trouble. Without her intervention, I'm sure we'd still be waiting and fuming. To be fair, though, the salespeople on the floor just don't have the authority to push things through like the manager does.

So, we're living happily after after - so far - and my husband, too. has also been pitching in on the grunt work. He not only leveled the machine after the "installers" left, he's helping schlepp dirty laundry and fold the clean stuff. I'm feeling pretty lucky.

• Rian Martin
    3 years ago

We purchased one from an Albert Lee in the Seattle area in Nov 2020 and as of Jan 17, 2021 we are still waiting and there are 5 on order before us. It isn’t a Lowe’s issue. They just aren’t shipping to appliance store.

• evelynj6
    3 years ago

Some thing happened to us with Bosch 800 Induction stove. Lowes kept changing date in Jan and Feb now to April. Canceled Lowes, trying with Build.com...I understand Covid...but why keep giving us wrong delivery dates? Our other Bosch items came fine.

• Rian Martin
    3 years ago

We were told Bosch would include them on shipping lists but they never showed up. It could be they say they are sending them but don’t. Bosch is reportedly back ordered by hundreds of thousands because they slowed production at the beginning of COVID, then got shut down and when they started up and someone tested positive they had to close down for the day. They make about 8,000 dishwashers a day.

• hermothersdaughter
    3 years ago

Apparently it’s an issue across many brands, and not just appliances. The NYT published a piece on auto supply chain disruptions “Carmakers can’t buy the semiconductors they need because home electronics are taking all the supply.” All the appliance makers have to be constrained as well.

• Lois G
    3 years ago

Ordered the Bosch wall oven/microwave in December from the local appliance store....it’s now March 11 and we are still waiting for our oven/microwave. We were told there are factory delays. This is exasperating.

• Michael Ford
    3 years ago

@Lois G

Same here wall speed oven combo is now july.

cooktop pushed to early may that's the killer - my cabinets just came in and I don't know what to do.

• Charles Hogan
    3 years ago

We are waiting 5 months for fully paid Bosch dishwasher and cook top. Other Bosch appliances have arrived. Have not been able to receive any estimate of delivery date. Call Bosch directly who said covid has caused factories to close or reduce staffing to protect workers. Our order was not through Lowes. Delaying move in to new home.

• Rian Martin
    3 years ago

We finally got to the top of the list for delivery and there was another backorder. Ordered beginning of November and still waiting. For us it was a Benchmark Dishwasher that was having the issues.

• Michael Ford
    2 years ago

ordered in january - a full bosch 800 black stainless kitchen.

Fridge here, cooktop here, no dishwasher, no double speed wall oven.

Dishwasher promised in 2 months ( So early March ) it's now early May.

• Michael Ford
    2 years ago

Dishwasher now mid july and wall oven end of july.

Order placed in January

• Linda Cavasin
    2 years ago

Ordered bosch fridge, gas stove and diswasher from Nickerson Appliances in St. Catharines Ontario on Dec. 29, 2020. Received fridge end of April and stove is supposed to be delivered on June 28th and the diswasher just got pushed back again now until September. This is getting ridiculous...almost a year to wait for these appliances. And we moved to a new house, so we have no appliances.

• evelynj6
    2 years ago

Our induction stove ordered jan 21st is scheduled for delivery monday june 28th.

• Michael Ford
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

we got our induction stove (800 series ) a few weeks ago.

dishwasher and wall oven still outstanding ordered early January.

last told mid July but we have received 4 dates from them all not meet.

• sailorgirl56
    2 years ago

We order our Bosch/Thermadore kitchen mid January still waiting on the microwave/oven combo. 25 weeks. When you read the BBB reviews and their F rating. I wish we never made the purchase. But my beautifully upgraded kitchen with custom cabinets will not accept anything else. How can this reputable German company still be this bad and why have they not managed to solve any of their manufacturing, warranty or customer service problems. That appear to go back prior to Covid. Time for Michigan’s house to be cleaned.

• Michael Ford
    2 years ago

Looks as if it time for us to quit on Bosch and Friedmans appliances.

Order in January and now we hear oven in November . . . almost a year later, Dishwasher March ???

Friedmans just sort of shrugs there shoulders and gives us umm nothing we can do.

I should have cancelled months ago but I wanted matching items as much as possible.

• Rian Martin
    2 years ago

Update- we ordered our Dishwasher back in November of 2020 from a smaller chain of appliance stores in WA and finaly got word that our dishwasher finaly arrived at the store. They tried multiple times to get us to purchase one of Bosch’s lower tier dishwashers since those they had in stock, but not the Benchmark versions.

• Viking Lars
    2 years ago

We paid for a Bosch wall oven/microwave combo on Jan. 6. We were told earliest delivery would be March. In March, the seller, Filco in Sacramento, told us it would be four to six more weeks. It's now late August and still no oven. Month after month, we've been told that we're "at the top of the list" to receive one when they arrive. I called Bosch in June to ask them WTF is going on. The CSR acted coy before admitting they were having problems sourcing chips for microwaves. She took my order number and said she would do some research and call me back. She never did. Meanwhile, we haven't had a functioning oven for nearly a year, we're out $4,500 and have no idea when the oven might arrive. Will we be spending another Thanksgiving and Christmas without an oven? I'd really like to know.

• Michael Ford
    2 years ago

Update - last week our wall speed oven/oven ordered in January arrived and is installed.

Dishwasher still outstanding maybe November ( that will be 10 months ) but it's not as critical as we have a working dishwasher.

• HU-763777656
    2 years ago

At the 10 month point for our bought and paid for dishwasher. Only good thing is that we locked in a price from last year's November sales. Used to be a Bosch Fan. This dishwasher better be worth the wait or they have lost a customer. (this will be our 3rd and probably last Bosch appliance)

• juliemack8300
    2 years ago

Still waiting for our Bosch combo oven. Ordered December 31st 2020. Our remodel was done in May and all Bosch appliances were ready except the combo oven. Three delivery dates came and went with just another push back. Very frustrating for us and our appliance store. The dates mean nothing apparently.

• Scoop Ology
    2 years ago

ordered Feb 21 , HEI8056U slide in range... 7 months no ETA

• HU-763777656
    2 years ago

Actually got a response from Bosch Customer Service this week - "fulfillment delays for some Bosch and Thermador products have recently been around 8 to 12 months." Coming up on 11 months wait now for my Bosch Dishwasher, so maybe there is hope that I'll see it in the next couple months??????

• Mary Golden
    2 years ago

These comments are making me feel worse. Ordered our high end Bosch dishwasher May 1st and was told delivery in July, then August and finally October.  Remodeling kitchen and running into other delays too.  Now being told not till Feb. 2022.  Kitchenaid has no product either.  Unreal.

• Linda Cavasin
    2 years ago

Update: Finally received our Bosch Diswasher last week after 10 months of waiting. Ordered 3 Bosch appliances in December as we were moving into a new house in April and all 3 appliances had numerous arrival date changes. The Fridge arrived late April, the gas stove arrived late June and finally the diswasher in October. If anyone is ordering appliances be prepared to wait at least 8 months for arrival. If you're being told a couple months beware as the date will just get pushed further ahead.

• HU-763777656
    2 years ago

Latest reply by Bosch to one of my inquiries I think they blamed everything except the dog eating the homework. "We are facing unprecedented demand for our appliances, and we are also facing global shortages in the materials we need to manufacture our products – amongst other logistical issues – that are affecting our lead times.

Globally the supply chain and logistics situation is challenging to balance not only for us but for all industries and, therefore it is difficult to have visibility to what might cause a delay. One day it could be global shortages in semiconductors, the next day steel, plastics or packing material shortages. More recent examples affecting logistics was the Suez Canal blockage, the Colonial Pipeline hack affecting availability of gas to transport products, the shortage of trucks and containers. These are all recent examples of the delicate situation in supply chain and logistics. Any hiccup in the global supply chain and logistics balance can cause a domino effect." This is how a once good company loses customers for life.

• HU-956700711
    2 years ago

I’ve been waiting 8 months so far for my Bosch ovens. I’m so frustrated and worried I won’t have an oven for Christmas.

• Paige Turner
    2 years ago

Our high end retailer (contact through a friend), not a big box store, *ordered last year before the shortage was an issue. They were given a shipping number which never came to fruition. He has had *50 Bosch 800 Dishwashers backordered, 2 of them are ours and our friend's. We have been waiting since February (when we were on his list) as of today he has heard nothing, has received ONE dishwasher this year. Until Oct. 19th, we had hand washed dishes in a bathroom sink, upstairs for 503 days during our remodel, finally have our kitchen sink/faucet in and a beautiful, rectangular hole that hopefully a Bosch 800 dishwasher will someday fill :) I'm holding out, though friends keep telling me to get something else to put in there. Another friend, retired from high up in UPS, has told me that the supply chain has and can truly derail everything as the previous poster "HU-763777656" said they rec'd their reply from Bosch. One little thing has a huge ripple effect. The way countries handle the pandemic issues, factories, etc. has had a huge impact. I don't see how most companies are staying in business like this. I contacted Bosch, US, they tell you nothing.

• HU-763777656
    2 years ago

After 12 months of getting the runaround by Bosch Customer Service reps, I emailed the Vice President of Customer Service. Dominick.Giorgianni@bshg.com He relayed the email to Executive Liaison of Customer Support angela.bohr@bshg.com. Angela was able to provide me with the information that I should have had, months ago.

"I apologize for my delay as I tried to get information for you on your order and appliance stock.

I checked with both the factory on production and the warehouse on stock.

There is no stock and no production ETA at this time for the model that you ordered. They have advised that we don’t have a date on when we will be resuming production on that model."

She went on to recommend 2 models that they were making is white, neither will meet my desires. I only hope that after a year I can get my money back from the appliance dealer. I'll never shop for a Bosch again.

• Jim Welk
    2 years ago

We are still waiting on our Bosch dishwasher and wall oven/microwave unit. It will be 8 months tomorrow and the salesperson said the next update on our appliances will be in 2 weeks!

• Mary Golden
    2 years ago

It is not Bosch but is the transportation issues we have all run into.  We held out for almost a year and final got our Bosch dishwasher. I am thrilled with it. I don't know your circumstances and don't know if you can hold out gor them or not. The fault really isn't Lowe's or Bosch either one. Hope it helps to know that many of us vented here and final got our appliances.

• Michael Ford
    2 years ago

over a year, still waiting. everything else but the dishwasher has arrived. ordered jan 21 of 2021.

• HU-763777656
    2 years ago

No Mary, never got my Bosch, and it was Bosch's fault. It wasn't a transportation issue, it isn't a chip issue, Bosch simply stopped making many of it's lines during Covid and only started making ones that they could make the most profit without starting up all the different models. I got a Kitchen-aid Dishwasher that is far superior to Bosch. My dishes are even dry when the cycle is done. Waited over a year, had the have the credit card company fight with the appliance dealer to get our money back, but now enjoying our nice 39 decibel dish clean and dried Kitchen-aid.

• judithleah
    2 years ago

I ordered a Bosch HBL8743UC black stainless combination oven on August 2nd, 2020. That is over 18 months ago! Every few weeks they pushed back the delivery date by a few weeks or a few months. Currently, they are giving me a June 2022 date, which - if it actually comes then, which is not likely - will make it an almost 2 year wait for an oven! Just like some of you, I really wanted that particular model to go with my newly renovated kitchen. I was also told that I was on top of the list, which gave me some hope. The appliance store is totally unhelpful and my letters to Bosch customer service have simply gone unanswered. At this point I believe that they simply stopped manufacturing that model and may never resume it. I should probably just give up. Can anyone recommend a 30" black stainless combination oven that they are happy with - and that is readily available? Or does anyone have any other advice?

• mtokar123
    2 years ago

I am having the same issue with my order for the Bosch combination micro/oven. I ordered and paid in full one year ago. The premium appliance dealer has given me countless dates. Now they say they have no idea when it will arrive. I am stuck as we already cut out the cabinet to this size. No luck with calling Bosch. I have no idea what to do next. I am hoping that they are still manufacturing this model. I see that it is still being sold by Lowes and AJMadison which leads me to believe they are still making this Item.

• Michael Ford
    last year

now at one and 1/2 years waiting. we were told by the end of the month.

let see if it will occur.

• atlantapiper
    last year

Really? We turned down a delivery of a 500 when our 800 came in at the same time—two week wait through HD. there were 52 of the 500 series avail at the time and 8 of the 800 series

• atlantapiper
    last year

Armjim i am really happy that i didnt buy something else as you suggestedEd. i waited, bought the one i wanted and i absolutely love it!❤️

• Michael Ford
    last year

yup, it is the black stainless 800.

• judithleah
    last year

Michael, did your Bosch black stainless 800 oven actually arrive? If not, what date are they giving you now?

• Scott Niichel
    last year

Interestingly, after waiting for a Bosch black stainless 800 dishwasher, i just received 2 -- just in case anyone is looking =)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio