Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanciii_gw

OT: Broken Bones Need Prayers

nanciii
16 years ago

I need Prayers for my SIL. My Sil was in a 4 wheeler accident on Saurday night. His Tibula and Fibula are broken. That's his shin bone. Thank God he had insurance since we still do not know weather he will need surgery or a cast. I have not told my daughter how serious this can be, since she is freaking out about the lost income. And he could be off more than just 6-8 weeks. We will face that when the time comes. Please keep us in your prayers for strenght and that everything will turn out all right. Thanks in advance and I will keep ya update. Hopefully we can see the ortho today he's been in surgery all morning.

Nanci

Comments (20)

• colleenny
    16 years ago

You are all in my prayers Nancii. I hope that all goes well for him. Colleen

• Rene54
    16 years ago

Nanci, had added your SIL and DD to my prayer list, it is a bad place to have a break, pray he heals quickly, and the money thing is a stressful thing on top of that! Rene

• msmeow
    16 years ago

Oh, my! I hope his recovery is quick. We were lucky when DH broke his hand playing softball he didn't need surgery and didn't miss any work. Men and their hobbies!

Donna

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

Will be praying for him and your family.

I have heard bad things about leg breaks in terms of blood clots, but then again, people do break bones all the time and usually heal up just fine with the right care. So I am sure he will ultimately be ok -- good for you for not worrying your daughter -- and we will keep him in our prayers.

• love2sew
    16 years ago

Oh Nancy this is an awful injury. You will be in my prayers.
    Jean

• redpenny
    16 years ago

I hope that all goes well for him!
    Red

• amazingcm
    16 years ago

((((nancy and family)))
    grace

• irishdancersgram
    16 years ago

So sorry to hear about your SIL and the broken bones...Too many bad things are happening...Just this past Friday, my BIL, the one that just lost his son, was working with a therapist getting his knee back in shape...Somehow the pedal came off the machine, came back up and hit him in the shin and being on a blood thinner, had to be rushed to the hospital by ambulance and received 18 stitches. His last name is Murphy and you know about Murphy's law....
    Lots and lots of good thoughts and prayers headed your way..
    Dorothy

• Kathy_TX
    16 years ago

I'm so sorry that your family is having to go through this Nancy. My prayers are going out for your SIL and for the entire family.

Please keep us posted.

Kathy

• coalaska
    16 years ago

Prayer and good thoughts, Nanci :)

Cheryl

• nana24
    16 years ago

So sorry.
    Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Sally

• anjea
    16 years ago

Ouch! I know those are some awful injuries to sustain, but I'm glad he's okay otherwise. :/ Hugs to you and the family!

• lots2do
    16 years ago

So sorry to hear this news. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers,
    Kelly - NH

• nanciii
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you all for your Thoughts and prayers they have helped me today. Brian does not see the doctor till Wednesday noon he did pretty good today he managed the pain alright. He called this afternoon thinking he will not have enough pain meds till Wednesday, I told him get through tonight he could call doctor in the monring. I do not think the ER thought it would be 3 days to see doc. But I know Dr. is waiting to see what the swelling is doing and it will be over 72 hours when he goes. I think he is also starting to realize he is gonna go stir crazy while this heals and I warned him it might be longer than 6-8 weeks. He said he will need a hobby then and wanted to learn to sew. lol

I will let ya know the update...

Nanci

• grammyp
    16 years ago

You will all be in my daily prayers.

beverly

• lindaoh_gw
    16 years ago

You will be in my prayers.
    My next door neighbor was in a 4 wheeler accident on Sat. night also. He was air-lifted to the hospital and is in critical condition. His 19 year old nephew was with him but was treated and released from the hospital.
    Linda OH

• csackett
    16 years ago

Nancii,
    I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. You are all in my prayers.
    Carolyn

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

Nancii,

Brian is in my prayers also.

I hope all goes well at he Dr's.

This is a great time for him to learn to crochet, embroidery, woodcarve, even color quilt blocks!

Hey, if you need the big book of needlework back, I can send it to you.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

doris=^.^=

• Islay_Corbel
    16 years ago

You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

• glassquilt
    16 years ago

Will keep him in the Light. I hope he needs the least amount of care.

My son broke his tibia the last week in March and surgery April 2nd (suture and glue). He will be going back to work in July. He's bored to tears. When he finally could walk he fixed everything in the house that he could. Right now he, his wife and 3 kids (19,17,14) are in Hawaii for three weeks. They figured that they will never get another chance to have a family vacation so they sold some stock and went. DH thinks they're nuts, should have saved it for retirement, etc.