0
lritz

SEASIDE KITCHEN - SILVER LINING POST FLOOD

lritz
Just as the finishing touches to a year long major renovation to our seaside second home were happening...disaster hit...a water supply line to a powder room toilet gave way and the whole place flooded. We had to start all over. The original renovation did NOT include the kitchen...but as a result of the flood the kitchen had to be pulled out so we decided to take down a wall and include the kitchen in round two of renos! Another year later we are now complete...again...and the new kitchen makes all the heartache and hard work worth it. We love it.

• lindacess
    what sort of flooring is that
  • Heather Colan
    love it and those tiles are fabulous, enjoy
  • Lori Barber
    I can see the bones of the kitchen it was but it's almost unrecognizable. I think you did a wonderful job. I especially like how you have the upper cabinets all the way to the ceiling. What a show piece. :)
    Mary Dancey Interiors
    Sorry you had to go through the emotional and financial issues that come with a flood but WOW you now have a very nice kitchen. I bet you don't miss that old light fixture either! :)
    BeachyRustica.com
    Beautiful... very inspiring!
  • Mary Ruth
    Beautiful, I know you love the NEW lighting (that old light box makes the ceiling dark) and I love the look and the backsplash! Beautiful job!
  • gottoshop
    This is my dream kitchen! Love the soft changes in the backsplash and the cabinets are fantastic. Nothing like a white and watery blue seaside kitchen! Enjoy!
  • gottoshop
  • Lois Mullins
    love it job well done.
    Gabberts Design Studio
    Very nicely done! A lot of hard work and it shows!
  • nasmijati
    Absolutely beautiful!

Do you have a microwave oven in this kitchen? Where did you put it? I am thinking that the dark area with two blue lights on the end of the kitchen island is a dishwasher.
  • nasmijati
    Absolutely beautiful!

Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
    This kitchen is easy to love! So sorry to hear about your lengthy reno due to crisis! You are right tho - in the end adversity strengthens self-empowerment and in this case propelled you toward fabulous!
  • Judy Kelly
    I'm guessing the thing at the end of the island is a wine fridge.
  • lritz
    The microwave is on the back side of the island and yes that's a wine fridge on the end of the island.
  • Viva Manchester
    This is my dream kitchen! Can you please share sources for light fixtures and blacksplash tiles. Thanks!
  • lritz
    The backsplash tiles are from a Canadian company called Interstyle..Trumpet series split 50/50 between glossy Iceberg and glossy Soft Grey. The lighting over the island was from Restoration Hardware and the pendants over the penninsula are made by Hudson Valley...purchased at McLaren Lighting in Victoria, British Columbia.
    Tina Gleisner
    I wonder if having a beautiful backsplash encourages people to get rid of the clutter on their counter tops, as the comparison doesn't feel equal? ... and yes, my hot button is clearing the clutter in our homes from the counter tops to unnecessary kitchen gadgets & more (read more http://www.hometips4women.com/kitchen-gadgets-for-the-holidays)
    Reico Kitchen & Bath
    Great job! Love it all, especially the flooring and it's impact on the entire room.
    purehome
    Gorgeous! The cabinets and light fixtures really make a statement!
  • grewa002
    Love it! Great job!
  • grewa002
    The backsplash, the countertops, perfect!
  • grobby
    Beautiful!
  • saratogaswizzlestick
    Just beautiful . I love your backsplash, the pretty brackets, wonderful countertop and you even have a wine fridge! Not often that you see a kitchen that couldn't use a tweak here or there.
    Subway Tile Outlet
    I love the backsplash! Are they glass tiles? Such a beautiful kitchen! Love the space.
    Michael Lee, Inc
    wow! very nice transformation
  • sbrustein
    What a gorgeous kitchen!
  • dclostboy
    Am I the only one that noticed the artwork? Who is the artist?
  • njmomma777
    Stunning! I know how you feel, my new kitchen was due to a house fire. Stressful, but 2 years later, I know I could never have anything so nice if it wasn't for that unexpected catastrophe! Thankfully no one was harmed, of course!
  • Tara
    Gorgeous
  • grewa002
    Love it, i frequently go back and look at your pictures.
    What is the fabric of the pillows on the chairs?
  • senab
    Okay do I need to flood my house to get this? ;) Love this.
  • Lynda Coto
    Great job!
  • grewa002
    May i ask you a- what is the countertop material.
  • lritz
    Countertop is Carrera marble
  • grewa002
    Do you have nay trouble with stains. I am thinking of putting it in my kitchen, and we had it in my house as a kid, and do not recall any problems.
    I love your kitchen, I keep looking at it for inspiration. It is my favorite in all of houzz
    Haute House Design

Great transformation! Spacious and well lit!

Wesley-Wayne Interiors, LLC

Looks great! Sorry you had that disaster happen, but the final product is gorgeous!

Mega Builders

Beautifully done!