Software
Houzz Logo Print
rebeccas88

Master Bath HELP!

11 years ago
Ok.. Mid renovation on our master bathroom. Today was granite install day. Was hoping it would make all the colors come together but think it clashes with everything. Attached pics of granite as shower saddles and bench as well as on countertops. I think we need to change it to something solid- maybe quartz? It's going to cost us thousands - that we don't have right now!! But what else can I do :(

Comments (12)

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    In the first pic, leave the cross members dark as shown, but the cab and drawer fronts i would go with white (Avoid purple, blue, green, and any ever color but white). Just my opinion

  • 11 years ago

    You do have a lot going on in this relatively small space! Think of it in terms of picking several fabrics for a room... The goal in that is to have several patterns related by color and varied in scale. You have a large pattern in the floor tiles, a small mosaic on the vanity wall that reads as a texture more than a pattern and the granite in a relatively small amount on the counter top and shower trim. I am assuming the plywood above the sink and dressing table will be mirrors. They will make a big difference as will the faucets and wall paint. Glass around that wonderful shower will also give you a reflective surface. Don't forget that you will add color with towels, rugs, your vanity bench and other accessories. It is not unusual to have second thoughts part way through a remodel. Since you don't have the funds to replace the granite right now, I'd recommend being patient and seeing you vision through to the end.


  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Take a deep breath.. Agreed you have a lot going on, but I would let the whole project come together before making any decisions. You're in the middle of it now- but once your light fixtures, mirrors, faucets, etc are installed and the painting is done, you'll know better if anything needs to change. You might find that it all comes together perfectly or you can live with it for awhile.
  • 11 years ago

    I think it is beautiful granite and goes well with dark cabinetry. Do not make snap judgements at this point. It looks good. Keep going

  • 11 years ago
    I'm nervous if I don't like the granite once the glass shower doors are in I'll never be able to change it . It'll go from a $3,000 mistake to a $8,000 one!
  • 11 years ago

    do not install the shower doors yet. finish the tiling and the painting and then install the shower door. install fixtures, etc.

  • 11 years ago
    I don't think it's The granite that is "too much", but The dark cabinets. Paint them white instead?
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Once completed, it's going to look great -- a luxurious bathroom that you will enjoy spending time in. Some fluffy white towels and a tray of your favourite toiletries will finish off the space.

    Raveninside Interior Design · More Info

  • 11 years ago

    I don't see anything that clashes yet. In fact, I think your bathroom will likely turn out gorgeous and elegant! :)

    What are you going to use on the backsplash behind the sink/vanity?

    I cannot picture the cabinets with white fronts. Keep them dark please.

    Would love to see what faucet/fixtures and lighting you're going to use.

    When the fluffy white towels are in place and an orchid or some other simple plant, it will be 'magazine ready'! I just read what hatetoshop wrote...lol I'm sorry I should have read it before I wrote my comment. I didn't copy, but think like they do!



  • 11 years ago
    Hi, just wanted you to see my sconces installed. I love them.
  • 11 years ago
    I think it'll be great. Wait on the glass for shower door. Just to put your mind at ease. The easiest thing to swap will be wall caps & shower curb. I can't imagine that would super costly.