Software
Houzz Logo Print
marria77

Help finding child-pet friendly but comfy natural material area rug

11 years ago

Hello! I am looking for a new area rug for our living room. Currently we have a cotton 9x11 rug which I love because it's all cotton and I love the look of a cream colored rug...but I have to face the facts, it just isn't child friendly- I have a toddler and two pets. We are also moving soon to a place with a smaller living room, so I think a smaller rug would be good and I can move this cream one to the bedroom- where the stains won't show since most will be under the bed.


What I am looking for is:

- affordable- under 300$. I like the idea of floor tiles but don't want to do anything like that until we buy a home and currently we expect to rent for a few years

- natural/polypropylene free (without the typical plastic backing)

- comfy: something we can sit and play on with bare legs


- stain/kid/pet life friendly as can be


I know its a tall order! I love the look of sisal and the price but it seems like all of those are so scratchy. :/ Are the sisal/wool blends much better? I am hoping for something where sitting on the floor won't be an issue at all.


Attached is a photo- thank you! If it is of any relevance, we will be moving to a loft apartment with brick/exposed beam- so something that works with that vibe :)

I should add that our ottoman is too big...looks like a Tetris with our chaise couch :/ but so kid friendly.