Software
Houzz Logo Print
lori77h30

Bathroom redo before(well during )and after

11 years ago
We knocked out a wall took out the tub to put in walk in seamless shower. Put a Japanese soaking tub where shower was. Just waiting for shower glass to come in. Before in comments

Comments (22)

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    good work!

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Very nice job!

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Great job! Nice remodel on your bathroom.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    The natural light in the shower area is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. -- like the tub too.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Well done!

  • 10 years ago

    Maybe I missed something but I don't understand what that large metal circular object is.

  • 10 years ago
    It is a Japanese soaking tub
  • 10 years ago

    The shiny metal on the soaking tub is completely out of place with the more natural materials in the rest of the room. And why is it right next to the toilet? Could it be somewhere else or at least could you put a knee wall between the tub and the toilet?

  • 10 years ago
    It is it is done an plumbed in so I don't need suggestions to move thanks! I worked with the space I had and the bathroom has lots of chrome
  • 10 years ago
    The bathroom is natural, modern, minimal (except for the tub which still is minimal) I was inspired when researching Japanese soaking tubs. I saw lots of modern mixed with teak and gray. I did think about a knee wall, but felt it was pointless since the tub hides the toilet already and would cramp the space. Originally the new shower was a tub and where the tub is now was a single person shower. I like it but it isn't for everyone thanks for the input.
  • 10 years ago

    If you don't want suggestions or comments, then don't post your pictures in the Advice section of a house design website.

  • 10 years ago

    I did respond to thinking about a knee wall relocating the bathtub is not feasible nor good advice thanks anyway I just don't agree to your advice!

  • 10 years ago
    I always wondered how hard it will be to clean black slate, or the grout around the river rock. We sell stone, and even sealed, it will absorb liquid and will stain. Your bathroom looks beautiful.
  • 10 years ago

    Thanks glad it looks like real slate because it isn't ;) I heard the same thing so we looked for slate looking tile. River rocks don't get wet so we will see over time

  • 10 years ago

    What brand is the mirror with the lighted edge? There is one in the hotel I stay in often, and have alway loved the great light it gives.

  • 10 years ago

    I shopped around for a good price, because they are expensive. I bought it off amazon from a company called Mirrors and Marble Inc. the only real customer complaint they had is that it wasn't so bright, but I think it is fine the back light is led...plus it isn't my main source of light. We put in led recessed lighting also

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Way to go. Looks great.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Looks wonderful and using the Japanese tub is a great idea for the space!

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Very nice job!
  • PRO
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Love the pebble accent on the wall!!