Software
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_raber

Broom closet vs. cabinet

11 years ago
I have an empty space that's approximately 50"w x 16"d x 9'h that I would like to enclose and use for a broom closet. My original thought was to frame it in as a standard closet space so that the vacuum and carpet cleaner could be easily rolled into the closet on the existing tile floor.

However, I'm having second thoughts about the "lost" space above the shelf, and wonder if a built-in cabinet would be a better choice, since I could add shelving almost to the ceiling. The down side is that a cabinet would have a raised floor and toe kick. I would have to lift my vacuum and heavy carpet cleaner in and out of it.

I am not a professional or a builder, so am looking for opinions/feedback on the best option for my space based on your personal experience.

Comments (5)