Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

Did Everyone Get Their Christmas Projects Finished?

I got my embroidered kitchen towels all done, ten of them and I made five pillow covers. How about you, did you finish yours?

Sue

Comments (3)

• donnar57
    8 years ago

What? No replies? Yes, I did, but I didn't have nearly that many projects lined up. I had a big project to do, though - making a weighted blanket for my grandson. Those types of blankets are great for calming down a young child who can get agitated quickly, but they are super expensive. A crib-sized runs $120-150. I made one for about $20. My grandson's has a top made from Thomas the Train Engine cotton (50% off at Joann's at one point), muslin for the bottom (30% off at Joann's), and batting (for which I used a 50% off coupon), and then a 20% off my purchase coupon. I had to buy the weighting beads online, however, as they were WAY too expensive at Michael's. Had to buy a lot, but I figure I can use them for a lot of other things. Anyway, making that blanket took me a long time, as I did the type where the beads are inside the blanket, between the top and the batting. I found the directions online.

Since this project, though, I am back in the sewing room after a long hiatus. I'm working on a birthday present for my almost-4-year-old granddaughter: a Minnie Mouse "dress up play" dress.

Donna

• lam702
    8 years ago

I am finally getting to making victorian style throw pillows, bought the fabric and trims over the summer but never found the time to make them. Winter is a great time to catch up on my sewing, in the warmer months there is too much to do outside. Now that the holidays are over, I managed to make some new valances for my kitchen (bought that fabric almost a year ago) and am finishing up the throw pillows. Next up are bedroom valances. It feels good to finally get at my sewing projects.

• donnar57
    8 years ago

Finished the Minnie Mouse dress (it turned out adorable!) and a fleece poncho, both for my now-4 year-old-granddaughter (who loved both). The fleece poncho was an Olaf print.

This morning I cut out two major projects. One was a Dr Seuss vest for me, for Read Across America Day. The other were new cushion covers for the outdoor patio furniture. (Between 5 years of sun and the recent rains, sun rot and mildew "got" the old slipcovers.) Once again, I got a steal of a deal on the fabric with a coupon from Joann's.

After cutting out, I sewed 6 bean-bags for my classroom using leftover Olaf and Dr Seuss fabric, then did all but the hand-sewing on the vest.

Donna

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions