Software
Houzz Logo Print
amy_vantol

Help! Weird living room wall

10 years ago
I am debating on placement for curtains for this wall. Do I only cover the two windows or take the curtains across the entire wall? The TV will not be on this wall. This wall will be behind an L shaped camel colored leather couch.

I also have no idea what to put on this blank wall without it looking too crowded between all the windows.

Comments (11)

  • 10 years ago

    Does the upper window need covering? then just do the entire wall. If not you may with to place floating shelves with large art items or a single large painting on it.

  • 10 years ago
    I want to allow light in as much as possible BUT if the TV is on the opposite wall I want to be able to prevent glare. There is a film on the window and I won't know how bad the glare is until Tuesday when our belonging show up.
  • 10 years ago

    If you wasn't as much light as possible, remove the blinds. I would get grommet panels that can be closed when needed.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    As to 'crowded' -- do other walls have what you'd call sufficient art for your taste?

    If not, please don't cover this - place something fairly large so it doesn't look dinky-small [cause you have that higher window above]. Or if you might need lamps behind the couch, place table and maybe 2 lamps there.

    To me, large art doesn't have to make the room look 'off', or just that wall crowded. Maybe canvas without a frame, a look I like pretty well.

  • 10 years ago

    I'm trying to find something almost as wide as the window - how wide is it? This turned to be horizontal.

    Wooden Gate Wall Plaque · More Info

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Put two rods up with drapery panels and have a film installed on the arched window. Are you sure you're not placing the TV on the wall between the two windows?

  • 10 years ago
    There is film on the arched window already. I have been going back and forth on whether to put the TV on this wall but for now it will sit on a side by side 4 drawer dresser as the console table. Along with it comes a tuner, HTPC, sub for HTPC sound system. So I am not a huge fan of that being the first thing you see when you walk in from the front door. Which is why I liked the idea of the couch on that wall, especially for good reading on the couch with the natural light, and the console table behind the couch with lamps. As you can see this room is very tan. Dark tan. So I am playing up neutrals with black, white, camels and light grey's. We travel a lot so our place usually looks like an Anthropologie meets Restoration Hardware. I'm a sucker for masculine lines and leather couches.
  • 10 years ago
    The bottom right square is the couch and entertainment center set up. You also see the china cabinet I have to MAYBE fit in here as well. Also that chair and ottoman. The chair and ottoman really limits this space quickly and I am afraid I will have to push it to the master.
  • 10 years ago
    Oh no. The chair and ottoman are not in that photo but it ended up being put in the corner where the lamp is sitting.
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Does that window need to be covered? It would be better aesthetically if it didn't.

    I would wall-mount the TV a bit higher than where it is now, and add a piece of artwork above it.