Software
Houzz Logo Print
rocketman3104

Need help with table

10 years ago

Since this sofa table is behind the sofa but in an open area I'm not sure what I am suppose to put on it. Any advise is welcome.

Comments (17)

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Do you have any floor outlets. This would be the right place for the right type of lamp. I'm not seeing an table or floor lamps in the area which are required along with overhead lighting to properly light a space.

    Here are spaces with console tables behind sofas that have lamps.

  • 10 years ago

    No outlet, that would have been nice

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Well if there is an area rug installed, you might be able to fish a cord underneath. If not, then a couple of rustic hurricanes or a lantern, a few books and ceramic accessories might be the right selections.

    rocketman3104 thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • 10 years ago
    It's beautiful as is.
    rocketman3104 thanked Katbv Vero
  • 10 years ago

    Any kind of decorative items would work. Perhaps things that would be transitional between the kitchen and family room.

    rocketman3104 thanked karielen
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Agree with Beverly, since you have only overhead lighting, couple of lamps would be a good addition. Run the cords under the rug by the edges of the sofas to the outlet on the left of the fireplace. You can hide the cord by using a cord concealer.

    rocketman3104 thanked 7 Sisters Interiors
  • 10 years ago

    Great table! Lanterns or candelabra...along with some family photos in pretty frames :)

    rocketman3104 thanked outshopping422
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    A large, low plant might be nice...

    rocketman3104 thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9/10
  • 10 years ago
    If you like the breath of space you have now but would like a point of interest for the eyes between the two spaces, perhaps a terrarium with some tropical plants or a series of adorable succulents (super low maintenance and give color. I saw West Elm has a bunch, super stylish, would work with any decor. Or a low plant or cactus. That way you would have lots of open surface for a clean look, but perhaps also have room for a few candles in votives for soft lighting and plenty of room to still use that surface for anything you might naturally do in that space i.e. Use during parties, display magazines, set down keys in a glass owl, leave notes for family members, flowers.
  • 10 years ago

    If there's a basement under that room, adding a floor outlet is a piece of cake, and a small lamp (or a pair) would look great. Totally worth it (and the light from table height would soften shadows).

  • 10 years ago

    Some vignettes to consider...

    Renovation: Senoia Farmhouse · More Info

    Rustic Porch · More Info

    The Beach House · More Info

  • 10 years ago
    As to cords run under rugs, my insurance husband is also appalled. Then again, we don't have candles, they cause ghosting on your ceiling.
    rocketman3104 thanked mydogmiddy
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Wow! Someone who passes themselves off as a Pro (7 Sisters Interiors) suggests running cords under a rug. Great. What next, toasters in the shower?

    rocketman3104 thanked tatts
  • 10 years ago

    Ok at first I loved the lamp idea with the cords but after everybody scaring me to death I have decided to have floor outlet put in. Any great lamp suggestions?

  • 10 years ago

    Normally, I would have issues with a room with a dead animal over the mantel because as you can see, I'm an animal myself. That's what I love about the Internet: no one knows you're a dog. At any rate, I LOVE your room. I think any of these lamps would look great:





  • 10 years ago
    What struck me in your first image is the linear design of your bar and then repeated in the linear design of your sofa table. Both are nice but IMO, not opposite each other. I would prefer the soft back of the sofa opposing all the hard edges of the bar and metal stools. Use rustic end tables on each end of the sofa and lamps. Perhaps they would also be nearer outlets? If you set up a chair to make an "L" with the sofa, you could run cord under sofa, under end table, under chair and reach an outlet without fire or tripping hazard. Lovely room. Smiles to the doggie comment :-)