Software
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_corto

Paint help!

10 years ago
Hi guys, just did a re-do on my kitchen and need help with paint color to go with spice orange accents that I currently have (curtains, new couch etc, backsplash style etc) Right now the wall is spice orange but too dark huh?? I'm going for Spanish/ traditional look Help please

Comments (29)

  • 10 years ago

    Those appliances should not be white. They look like you recycled them from your old, cheery-white kitchen.

    I'll take a pass on the cabinets. I resurfaced cabinets much like those before I moved in to my youse. Too dark and oppressive. Stripped the finish to the bare oak, bought new shaker doors and drawer fronts and finished them all the same clear coat and put grid-patterned glass inserts in the upper doors.

    But it's your taste, so...

  • 10 years ago
    Thanks but that doesn't help with my initial questioning of paint color. The kitchen and appliances are here to stay until I can afford new ones. Any ideas on paint color would be greatly appreciated??
  • 10 years ago
    I love your backsplash tile. Have you considered pulling colors from the tile? It may be too light for the look you want but it would really open the room. There is nothing wrong with decorating in stages. I just finished a 3 year kitchen renovation that I will love for years to come.
    Ashley C thanked bluvelvet222
  • 10 years ago

    I love your color. Peach will work. Or red. Creamy rich color will be nice.

    Ashley C thanked happyleg
  • 10 years ago

    I was thinking of a coffee with cream color. Peach was on my mind also, but I know most people hate any shade of pinkish. Below is SW Only Natural 7596

    Ashley C thanked emmarene9
  • 10 years ago
    Do you like your wall color? I agree with miacometlady that a lighter color would look really good. Maybe a nice warm cream color with a touch of gold in it. I would also consider leaving the TV wall in your current color. Then add some colorful pillows and a throw to your couches. I think it will look great! Here are some pictures I found with dark furniture.
    Ashley C thanked Karen P
  • 10 years ago

    Parade of Homes - Greenshores Lake Austin 1 · More Info

    Here are a few Houzz photos. Also, a lighter cream color may help your lighter appliances tie in better and appease the rude poster above.
    Spanish Revival Restoration · More Info

    Ashley C thanked Karen P
  • 10 years ago
    Thank you Karen. Can you suggest some brands and colors of paint that are cream with hints of golden?? Thanks :)
  • 10 years ago
    The kitchen looks so pretty. I agree that a lighter shade would look so beautiful. I have to say that I find it quite annoying and offensive that certain people feel the need to rip apart something when that wasn't even the question asked!!
  • 10 years ago
    Here are some Sherwin Williams colors to look at:
    OC92 Mannequin Cream, PM25 Cameo White, OC111 Corinthian White, SW7698 Straw , SW6127 Ivoire, SW6113 Interactive Cream.
  • 10 years ago
    Thank you I will take a look! :)
  • 10 years ago
    You're welcome!
  • 10 years ago
    Hi Karen, I'm having a hard time finding these colors on sherwin Williams site. Also will these colors go with the spice orange I currently have? Most of the foyer and hallways are this color that I love! Thanks :)
  • 10 years ago
    I am so sorry - the first few are from Benjamin Moore (Cameo White and Corinthian White)! Here are just a few to help give you an idea of what off whites would look like. I can't see the the other color very well, but it looks yellow? It is really hard to recommend colors online, but I would look for a color in your backsplash tile and countertop that works well with the hall color.
    Ashley C thanked Karen P
  • 10 years ago
    And a few more.
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Hi Ashley, I actually like the color that you currently have. The orange really enhances the beauty of the woodwork. You can see how it brings out the undertone of the wood. Your kitchen looks rich with color and has a nice "homey" feel about it. My personal taste is rustic and earth tones so I may be biased. If you feel the orange is too dark, perhaps you can try one shade lighter. Either way, the kitchen looks fantastic :)

    Ashley C thanked Mural Art - Wall Murals and Custom Paintings
  • 10 years ago
    Thanks Karen!! These are great options to play around with :) I appreciate your time!
  • 10 years ago
    I like the current color. If you're looking for a change, I also think latte by sw would look well with your color scheme.
  • 10 years ago
    Now that I have looked a little more closely, I think your current color also compliments the wall color in the background well too.
  • 10 years ago
    I like Karen Peters' suggestions. And maybe even a pale light blue from the tiles would work. Navajo white by Benjamin Moore is a creamy color that might look nice with the wood cabinets, which I think are gorgeous and will pop with a much lighter wall color. That other commenter was just plain rude!
  • 10 years ago
    What does everyone think about bagel from sherwin Williams in family room and interactive cream or travertine from sherwin Williams along kitchen? Please look at pics from above for reference!
  • 10 years ago

    Yes I love it& it will work. Do it!

  • 10 years ago
    I like it, too!
  • 10 years ago

    Nice choices.

  • 10 years ago
    A few suggestions with tile, curtain, seating and area rug
  • 10 years ago
    Those colors works very nicely too
  • 10 years ago
    Hi guys, long time but now I've kind of changed my style (rustic farmhouse) and want to add pale blues and maybe gray in entry way throughout my single story (I'm now obsessed with that show on hgtv fixer upper), problem is.... It took forever to decide on bagel from sherwin Williams and now I'm like oh no!! What pale blues and grays will go well with bagel?? Or should I just start over?? I've also painted the joining great room (entry room) bagel :( Here's the afters of kitchen.) help!! Thanks in advance :)
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Match it up in the blue area behind girl Blue/gray.