Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

March, 2016 quilting/sewing goals

I'm happy to report that almost all February goals were met and more.

We discovered we have a 6 month old great-grandson we didn't know about but have now met him through FB. What a cutie. Yesterday I completed a quilt top for him and now need to sandwich and quilt. So that's one goal for this month. I was just going to back it with fleece but I don't care for what I have available so will check out other options. Another project to complete is the Little Rectangle top for LW and get all 4 of them mailed off. I've decided what to work on for National Quilting Day (March 19) and want to complete the Take 5 quilt top. Almost all the blocks are made as I had all the fabric cut and used them as leaders/enders.

Our March has come in like a lamb this year. What are you plans for March?

Comments (17)

• 8 years ago

Go to the Mount Dora quilt show on Saturday. :)

Hopefully finish assembling my two Quiltville mystery tops. My original plan wasn't right so now I have to reconfigure at least one of them. Grrr.

I have a good friend who is being ordained as a United Methodist elder in June and I'm planning to make a stole for her, so maybe that will get started in March.

Keep working on my hand-quilted wall hanging.

Donna

• 8 years ago

I don't usually commit to anything, but maybe I'll at least get a good start on this Rising Star quilt I posted about.

• 8 years ago

I will try to be realistic but things have been hectic here. If I can get my Bonnie Hunter blocks together and off to the longarmer, I'll feel successful. I will still applique on the Hawaiian blocks but that's a lifetime project. Getting a fence built this week and trips to care for Mom are higher on the list.

• 8 years ago

I'm working on a Pinwheel baby quilt right now so that needs to be finished by mid March for a baby shower. Top is all pieced - needs border(s), batting, backing, quilted, and add the binding. Gotta get with the program. Headed to the fabric store to getting some last minute stuff and feed my need to shop for material.

• 8 years ago

Most of my February goals got pushed into March due to machine problems. Getting fabrics picked and cut for the monthly lotto blocks. Getting up the nerve to cut my twister blocks! Finish the Star Wars zipper quilt. That's about it for me this month.

• 8 years ago

I am not keen on making goals but sometimes, you just have to do it.

This morning, I sandwiched three tops to add to the one I did last week. So March plans are to quilt those and get them into the FO pile.

I am anxious to start something new but wont let myself until these four are finished.

My main machine has been in the shop so I think I can pick it uptomorrow and then get quilting.

The technician said there wasn't anything wrong with it but it was very "dirty".

How embarrassing! Like sending your children to school with dirty faces. I am not sure what he meant by dirty. I cleaned out as much lint as I could. Maybe there was more where I couldn't reach. But how to get it out? I will ask.

Theresa

• 8 years ago

I don't make many commitments to myself but I know for March I will finish another 3 string quilts for donation. Our weather is so mild and snow is going away fast that I like to get out for a walk in the fresh air so I will play the rest of the month by ear.

• 8 years ago

Like your colours, Linda.

Feels good to get something on its way, doesn't it?

Hope Mom is improving by leaps and bounds.

Theresa

• 8 years ago

Linda, I like your color scheme for Allietare! Mine is so blah I can't keep interested in it long enough to finish it. Maybe this weekend I can get the top done.

Donna

• 8 years ago

Very pretty, Linda. I loved the original color-way, but yours is lovely too. I would like to make Alliatare too, but I guess I'll have to wait for the pattern to come out in a book since I didn't get it on-line.

• 8 years ago

Linda..I very much like your alletaire color scheme! I was going to capture the directions each week, but time flew by and now they are gone. I still hope to make the soltice quilt from two mysteries ago...that's slated for my retirement.

i don't make monthly goals either, but this month I decided to make bunnies for all of the females in my family with birthdays this month since Easter is this month and it's my birthday. There are total of 7 in March..or is it 8 birthdays.... I keep losing count.....And of course I can't leave the other non birthday gals in the family out of the bunny hop.... Its a lot of bunnies!

• 8 years ago

Really cute!

Theresa

• 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Aw, V, they are so sweet! And individual, too. :) Love the one with the paisley hip - did you fussy cut that one, or was it serendipity?

Donna

• 8 years ago

I never noticed the paisley hip... Total serendipity! Still have a few more to make, but they are super easy.

• 8 years ago

How cute is that paisley hip. Cute bunnies, V.

You girls that don't make a list of goals are really getting things done! Hmmmm... I'm getting some quilty things done, but just one thing on my goal list. lol The Take Five top is completed, I decided what to work on for National Quilt Day, and then put all the blocks together except one and one more seam to connect the Rectangle LW quilt before making that package to Calif. Have also been working on a project for my cousin. I'm doing the fabric part and she's doing the crochet part. http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/2012/08/fusion-blanket-crochet-along.html

If I've already posted about this, please forgive me......it seems to be that time of my life.

• 8 years ago

Those four tops have been quilted. Now to trim up and get some bindings done.

Theresa

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!