Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carilynphotography

Master bathroom- amazing transformation!

Cari
8 years ago
Our contractor just finished our master bathroom renovation. I'm so excited with this transformation. We also had our main bathroom done right before this and it's also gorgeous but this is a dream come true. We were lucky to be able to steal space from the huge walk in closet next door to the bathroom and maintain plenty of space in there still. I handled all of the shopping and design of this space so I'm quite proud of it and feel so grateful to have found a great contractor to bring it all together.

Comments (37)

• mdkam
    8 years ago
    That's a huge transformation! Beautiful job!
  • tooky58
    8 years ago

You did a beautiful job, looks calming & relaxing. Are you going to bring in color thru your towels etc? I love the bathtub. Enjoy your lovely space!

• Cari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thank you. I'm all about neutrals so no big pops of color with towels and such. Taupes, greys, creams, and golds throughout my house:)
  • PRO
    SNR Contracting Ltd.
    8 years ago
    Nice selecion of colors and design. Good Job
  • susanalanandwrigley
    8 years ago

Very pretty, curious as to where you will put towel bars/hooks especially for access right after showering? I'm guessing maybe a towel bar under the window between toilet and shower?

• Cari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thanks. Still undecided on the towel bar thing actually. What I'll probably do is have one or two towel bars for decorative towels only and have a towel hook for a towel in use. :)
  • Idicula Samuel
    8 years ago
    Great transformation the old one looked dark and dingy. The old shower looked tight and had a huge ledge to get over
  • Cari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Yes. Isn't that old shower weird? It actually was some strange bath setup too. the shower was massive. Much bigger than the new one actually but the wall and curb were close to 8 inches wide. It was the most crazy shower I've ever seen. Lol
  • Idicula Samuel
    8 years ago
    Cari no joke looks like you had to hurdle over the ledge.

I don't have pictures of old. All I did was keep the same placement but I widened the shower to the max. Pictures attached
  • Cari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Looks beautiful!
  • PRO
    May Construction, Inc.
    8 years ago

Absolutely stunning! Great job!

• PRO
    A Good Eye Curated Decor
    8 years ago

Beautiful

• PRO
    Kaplan Construction
    8 years ago

Great transformation!

• PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc
    8 years ago

Beautiful! Love the vanity and tub!! Enjoy!

• PRO
    Laura Lee Designs
    8 years ago

Wow! This is beyond stunning! Great job!

• PRO
    ReBath of Albany
    8 years ago

Incredible transformation!

• PRO
    Regal Construction & Remodeling Inc.
    8 years ago

Love the flooring, Great job!

• Bev
    8 years ago

Beautiful transformation! Your new bathroom is so much brighter!

• sharlowm
    8 years ago
    Beautiful! Can I just ask why the wood door, when it looks like all your other doors are white, traditional looking doors? What's behind it?
  • Cari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thanks everyone. The wood door is actually a big sliding barn door. The rail and the front surface is on the master bedroom side. It's exactly what I wanted for the door from bedroom to bathroom:). If I had the wall space to have every door in this house be a barn door I totally would because it's beautiful.
  • Cari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Oh and the smaller door by the vanity is the entrance to the large walk in closet.
  • Laura Thyng
    8 years ago

This is amazing - it makes me super excited for our own remodel we currently started as our set up will be very similar!!

For your bathtub does it have an overflow? If so, was it built into the tub or was there an external pipe for the overflow?

• Cari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Hi Laura. Thank you and congrats on starting your remodel! The tub does have an overflow but not sure if it was built into it or not because the contractor handled all of that. You can check out the tub and various others at helixbath and that may answer your question:)
  • LK - 6B PA
    8 years ago
    Awesome, thanks! From what I can tell it's integrated! I am just curious how it will work out for us because I wanted to have the overflow on the same side as the wall but ours us external! Here's to hoping our contractor can make it work!

Thanks for your reply! Enjoy your amazing bathroom!
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    8 years ago

Gorgeous transformation!

• aries61
    8 years ago

Very nice transformation. Did you use chrome hardware on cabinets and light fixtures or polished nickel? It hard some times to see difference in photos. Thanks

• Cari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Thank you. All hardware and fixtures are chrome in this bathroom:)
  • aries61
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Thanks Cari. If it's not to much trouble, do you know the brand and size of the hardware on the vanity?

• keat3
    8 years ago
    Love the vanity! where did you get it?
  • Cari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    The vanity came from home decorators. Here's the link. The hardware was included with the vanity so not sure on the details of it.

http://m.homedecorators.com/h5/pdp?path=//detail.php?sku=8103700410&aid=bzrt&CA_6C15C=820564880001116145
  • Cari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Here's the info in case the link won't work.
  • PRO
    Pacific Coast Custom Design
    8 years ago

Beautiful job.

• PRO
    Stecki Construction
    8 years ago

Very elegant! Absolutely love your new master bath!

• PRO
    TBS Construction Inc.
    8 years ago

Very elegant! Congrats!

• PRO
    Cabinets & Designs
    8 years ago

Very beautiful transformation!

• PRO
    Addition Building & Design, Inc.
    8 years ago

This is a great job! Such an improvement!