Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_26922201

Master bedroom renovation

User
7 years ago
We totally renovated our master bedroom. the before pics were taken before I purchased the house. I did the majority of the work myself.

Comments (56)

• Kari P
    7 years ago

Awesome. The original design was kinda cool (in a funky way) but the new look is fabulous! I love the neutral colors with a pop of purple and fun mix of textures. Great work!

• PRO
    Carmel Decor
    7 years ago

Great job! Enjoy your new room.

CarmelDecor

• PRO
    User
    7 years ago

Congrats! What a great transformation!

• Irene Morresey
    7 years ago
    Just lovely, what an improvement
  • PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
    7 years ago

Looks great!

• PRO
    Billiard Factory
    7 years ago

Beautiful job!

• Chrissie Wells
    7 years ago

What happened to the dreadful cupboard doors? (How can people do that and like it?!)

User thanked Chrissie Wells
  • PRO
    Razzetti Italy
    7 years ago

Beautiful result with the nature inside? What about the lighting? to keep the style of nature I would like to suggest you couple pieces, with the same leaf of your.

The finishing of metal can be in Mecato, like the last photos, is green and silver. Like the colour of porcelain roses, flowers, or butterflies as you prefer can be customize..

Best Regards and Congratulation for your good job!

• PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc
    7 years ago

Nicely done!

User thanked M&R Custom Millwork Inc
  • designpolice
    7 years ago
    Really elegant job except for the open shelves for shoes. Seems out of character with the sleek style.
  • User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

@designpolice while I appreciate the comment, My wife wanted a spot to display some of her shoes and she is in love with that shelf. At the end of the day isn't that what's important?

• designpolice
    7 years ago
    Yes it is, and her shoes are pretty fabulous!
  • beachbaybe
    7 years ago

Can't believe someone could actually sleep in the before pics. I can just hear "Me Tarzan - you Jane"! You did a FAB!!! reno.

• skyarts
    7 years ago

The mill work in the ceiling is really lovely.

• bettyandjudy
    7 years ago

Yes the room is 100x better, but sorry, the shoes and the shelf area do not work. I would leave some of the delightful footwear in the wonderful new closet or yes!, under the bed, change the angles of the shoes to present the neat heals, color or funky profiles, leave some space between, no more than 3 pairs per shelf. Display those shoes like you were in a real shoe store. Maybe keep the top shelf clean and just put an original piece of art approx. 30"x 18" in the nook, maybe a couple small pieces of pottery/glass on the shelf. Please hang some other original art work in the room and you will be done.

High heeled lady is luck to have man who trys to make her happy.

Man is lucky to have woman who wears high heels!

• rainigirl
    7 years ago

Wow! the original is a nightmare:( You really did a nice job. I wouldn't use any of the light fixtures previously shown...just my opinion. Enjoy your beautiful room.

User thanked rainigirl
  • PRO
    Raegan Ford Interior Design
    7 years ago

Looks wonderful!

User thanked Raegan Ford Interior Design
  • Kathy Manderville
    7 years ago

Just a wonderful job. Love it!!

User thanked Kathy Manderville
  • katscorvette
    7 years ago

I like the dark color on the one side. I would have brought it through the room elsewhere. To me the rest looks a little bland. Much better than before though, those close doors....shudder!

User thanked katscorvette
  • Gloria Hanni Wadzinski
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Love, love the ceiling treatment. Great job. Don't worry about the shoe comments. It shows your personality and makes it clear that someone really does live there. I think people are just thrown off because the "lived in" area is tucked into a corner and nowhere else in the room. If there were family photos, a dog bed, a hook with a robe, books on the table, etc. in other areas in the room, it would be more cohesive and cozy.

• Jane Atlee
    7 years ago

Green is such a nice color, I love the first bedroom, except the vines and the leaves, that was unneccessary. I just think it makes the space lok childish and cluttered, you wouldn't want to hit/bump into them.

• PRO
    Alorya Art and Decoration
    7 years ago
    just add a mid size poster/ framed picture on your wall. The pictute should contain mainly bordeaux color. The frame should be white or very very light grey. I have added 2 suggestion of pictures. Also I added one picture which has bordeaux on the background and green on the front. This is because I wanted to see you the combination of these two colors. In medieval times, this combination was called colors of the kings.
  • User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Wow thanks for all the comments! I'm a little suprised that so many feel strongly about the shoes and even more suprised that anyone likes the before. If you like the bedroom..... Search for the before and after of my kitchen

• User
    7 years ago

Wow! What a change! The room seems twicw the size! I love the purple and grey combination

User thanked User
  • ifysam
    7 years ago

Wow! It's a transformation that is worthwhile!!!!

User thanked ifysam
  • PRO
    Fratantoni Luxury Estates Design/Build/Remodeling
    7 years ago

Great choice of color! It goes so well with the ceiling design you chose! ACM you had me cracking up!!

User thanked Fratantoni Luxury Estates Design/Build/Remodeling
  • PRO
    Divine Makeover
    7 years ago

Great colors combination , and good choice to relocate the bed. That is a real master suite.

User thanked Divine Makeover
  • anan2012
    7 years ago

The before had a lot of character. To each their own!

User thanked anan2012
  • PRO
    Memar Architects Inc.
    7 years ago
    Wow good job
    Less is more
    User thanked Memar Architects Inc.
  • Katie
    7 years ago
    Wow! Your ceiling is amazing!
    User thanked Katie
  • PRO
    Fratantoni Interior Designers
    7 years ago

Great job!!

User thanked Fratantoni Interior Designers
  • PRO
    Y9 Construction
    7 years ago
    Well done! We want to hire you... Come work for us lol!!!
    User thanked Y9 Construction
  • PRO
    Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
    7 years ago

Looks great!

User thanked Sound Painting Solutions, LLC
  • PRO
    ERT Architects, Inc
    7 years ago

What an awesome upgrade!

User thanked ERT Architects, Inc
  • Belinda Foreman
    7 years ago
    love the ceiling!! great detail!
    User thanked Belinda Foreman
  • Saira Malik
    7 years ago
    grey purple combo looks great..LOVE the accent chairs and big windows!
    User thanked Saira Malik
  • PRO
    Mega Builders
    7 years ago

Very nicely done!

User thanked Mega Builders
  • PRO
    Y9 Construction
    7 years ago

looks good!

User thanked Y9 Construction
  • PRO
    ERT Architects, Inc
    7 years ago

What an interesting space you had to deal with! It came out beautifully, congratulations on doing the work yourself!

User thanked ERT Architects, Inc
  • NATASHA
    7 years ago
    actually i love the before n after
    User thanked NATASHA
  • djellenburg
    7 years ago
    Very pretty! I love the purple walls and duvet. I recently purchased the same color bedspread for my bedroom. I haven't repainted my walls gray yet but I'm waiting to completely gut my master bath first. I took my color scheme from my mother's Gone With the Wind parlor lamp that I'm using in my bedroom. It is dk green and gray background with a large purple flower and other beautifully colored small flowers around it. My grandmother bought it for her along with a three tiered table to put in front of the picture window in our new house my dad had built. I have gray floor length drapes for my three Windows and the dk purple spread. I may wallpaper the wall behind my bed. Haven't decided yet. My room is very large too as is yours. I love your ceiling! You did a great job on your redo. Much brighter and zen!
    User thanked djellenburg
  • Ana Frieri
    7 years ago
    Elegant and modern. I would have made that entire niche beside de bed a CLOSED shoe closet. I guess your clients are not the gray or ivory type huh?
    User thanked Ana Frieri
  • PRO
    GOODFELLAS CONSTRUCTION
    7 years ago

wow looks much better

User thanked GOODFELLAS CONSTRUCTION
  • PRO
    Jason Beasley Builders Inc.
    7 years ago

look so much better! great transformation!

User thanked Jason Beasley Builders Inc.
  • PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    7 years ago

Amazing job on this master bedroom renovation. It looks modern and elegant. I also love the outdoor view of your new windows. Your new master bedroom looks simply amazing!

User thanked 123 Remodeling Inc.
  • PRO
    Charco DESIGN & BUILD Inc.
    7 years ago

Great ceiling!

User thanked Charco DESIGN & BUILD Inc.
  • User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks for the great feedback. check out my other entries in before and after.

• PRO
    Laqfoil Ltd.
    7 years ago

Extremely impressive

• PRO
    Bailey Bishop Design
    7 years ago

Nice!

• PRO
    Pacific Coast Custom Design
    7 years ago

Great job! I wasn't feeling the green room as much as the new updates.