Software
Houzz Logo Print
armygirl1988

Does this picture fit in this living room. Also how does lamp and end table look.

13 years ago
Trying to finish up. Thanks

Comments (54)

  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    It's an attractive piece, but it seems a little heavy and dark for your space. I would suggest something with a light mat to contrast against your melon colored walls.
    Dutchess County Farmhouse · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    I really like your table and lamp and think the pic works...it tie into some of the furniture too...good job.
  • 13 years ago
    I am gonna paint in April so melon will be toned down if that makes any sense.
  • 13 years ago
    U r making progress Angela..love your table and lamp!
  • 13 years ago
    I love it but just looking for an extra eye. Also since I started everything I love doesn't always.
  • 13 years ago
    Every thing is perfect
  • 13 years ago
    The blue is coming in from the entry way
  • 13 years ago
    I think the picture goes well here. Good choice!
  • 13 years ago
    really like the melon and bleu combo,but am glad you are going to tone down the walls,it will make the rest look even better once the wall is not so much melon!!!will you send an update,would love to see how it all comes together...
  • 13 years ago
    @carole will do, except the question remains, do I leave the accent wall melon, do I go completely away from the melon. Or completely repaint the whole thing leaving the kitchen area the melon. The last is my favorite but only time will tell.
  • 13 years ago
    That looks good Angela!
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Hi Angela! Make sure you hang the picture high enough to draw the eye up as this will obviously be your focal point. Also, I love the black frame with your dramatic colors. Go bold or go home, right? Throw a few other black accents around the room and it will take the melon down a rung without you having to repaint. Let the painting be the star and remove any patterned cushions on the sofa and narrow your cushion colors to perhaps a solid black and the orange you already have on your sofa and use different sizes to up the ante. A lumbar pillow and a few larger, over-stuffed pillows will make such a difference. Great job!
  • 13 years ago
    I would be tempted to paint that picture frame a bold accent color that relates to your room and the picture. The dark frame seems to drag it all down, IMHO. Good luck
  • 13 years ago
    @juneb1961, yes I plan on hanging the picture, wanted to make sure that I liked it first before I start putting more holes in the wall. My daugther said mom if you bought it then you liked it. Go figure!. @alwaysdesigning, I have dark pieces all over the house in the wall unit and console in the entryway so would be afraid to paint and then I dont like it.
  • 13 years ago
    which color would you change too?lightbleu or white or grey there are lots of nice colorcombination within your colorscheme...
  • 13 years ago
    Angela A softer more complex painting, one that doesn't have a central line. You already have lines in your curtains. Don't rush, try a lighter frame.
  • 13 years ago
    @carole, I like the last one withe the orange/melon wall and looks like a white/creme. The recommended colors that the designer told me is from
    Sherwin William called Fragile Beauty,Casablance or Steam Milk
  • 13 years ago
    @carole, I also like the second one too..
  • 13 years ago
    they are both nice and light!!you mentioned the kitchen could stay melon,so i thought the last one would be right for you...i like the 2nd one too,it is very light but still with all the colors you already have...
  • 13 years ago
    FYI, this is also an option. Notice my fascination with sunset, could be because I am from the island.
  • 13 years ago
    @carole, yes they were right on time, perfect choices and show how I can still keep some of my orange and wont feel so sad, since I had gotten so used to it being that color and feel the kitchen is the perfect place to keep it. Thanks so much for your time.
  • 13 years ago
    love this sunset!!
  • 13 years ago
    You like the second one you are saying Carole..
  • 13 years ago
    There is more likes on this pic, does this mean that it is better than the other one.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I would agree with other commenter that dark frame makes this painting look heavy. Have you tried frameless art like prints on aluminum or metallic paper especially if you like reflective feel and vibrant colors of the art. You always can frame them later if you decide.
    Check out http://alexeirebrov.com
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Angela, all these pieces are fine, just choose the one you most enjoy looking at. If you are still deciding here is a couple more options that seem to go well with your color scheme :). And Alexei is right, if your like a more contemporary look you can hang your art unframed. Ours can be displayed unframed on canvas, for example. Enjoy!.. Raisa
    Paradise Sun, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info
    Triple Perspective, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    @Alexei, I have been looking at your art and they are awesome. think the one I like was out of my budget.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    @Angela Pascoe, Thank you! I run 50% off sale until end of March, let me know!
  • 13 years ago
    @Alexei, Love print 7500 and 4879, the others have too much other colors in them with the oranges.
  • 13 years ago
    The one currently there is 69L and 39H if that makes sense.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I hear you! I think #7500 is light and soft and will work perfectly with current room setting. The piece original geometry ratio is 2x3 meaning that you need 60" wide print (I guess that you sofa is about 80") and it will be 40" tall. More elegant solution will be to crop the original to 24x60". What do you think?
  • 13 years ago
    Ok, so it is longer and thinner. Love that.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    It can be close to original size 70x40" and will look similar
  • 13 years ago
    Yes definately 7500 and FYI, I have some family in Missasauga and Brampton.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Very cool! Are they also struggling from cold winter? :)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    @Angela Pascoe, FYI: 70x40" almost 75% more expensive than 60x24" because of surface footage.
  • 13 years ago
    Ok so you are saying go with the 60 by 24 is the way to go.
  • 13 years ago
    I do not see a 60 by 24 on your site, I see a 60 by 40 and as a retired Army veteran in school full time not sure if I can afford that price at this time.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Right!
    If you fix 24" height and think about how long you want it to be you will get similar cost.
    24x70" will be just 15% more than 24x60" ...
    But putting price aside you don't want the picture to be too close to the window, right?
    If the sofa "touches" the drapes and this is fine, picture needs to have space around to "breath" .

    I suggest 60x24"
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I don't have 60x24" on the site at this very moment but I will in couple hours. I am working on that.
    Considering 50% sale until end of March it will cost $720 (delivery included)
  • 13 years ago
    I have not put up picture yet because I wanted to be sure.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I think you are doing a great job pulling things together. I like the picture above and the current framing as the black gives some nice contrast against all the melon. While I like your end table choice, it is too small to hold a lamp. This is more of a drink table then a lamp/end table. Proper proportions can make all the difference in how your space comes together. I like your entry set up, but feel there you could use a slightly taller lamp on the console. You are doing great and looks like you have plenty of advice to help you feel confident in completing this space! Enjoy it!
  • 13 years ago
    Yeah, in another life but right now I cannot see spending that much on art.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I hear you! I am glad you liked my art. Talk to the people from the place you got that painting and maybe they can figure out how to hang it without frame (or change the frame color to white)
  • 13 years ago
    @Sarah, total agree with you on the lamp table, love it but it is only enough for lamp, did discuss this already but maybe not on thread. Will leave for now until I find the right piece.
  • 13 years ago
    It's lovely, if it's going to be on it's own and centered on the wall.
  • 13 years ago
    @Alexei, thanks for taking the time.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    You are very very welcome!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    @Angela, I added more similar compositions to the store: http://alexeirebrov.com/collections/panoramic-prints They are called Panoramic Prints and will be good over the sofa and in a bedroom.