Software
Houzz Logo Print
kmcd1701

Small bedroom advice

9 years ago
Almost done my bedroom and I'm mostly pleased with it most days ;-) but some days I want to start all over again! So I'd like some second opinions and some advice about what to do with the wall across from the bed.

The room is small and there is only about 3.5 ft between the wall and the bed. I don't watch tv so one is not needed and I have lots of storage for clothing so I don't need a dresser, but I do need the full length mirror. It will be mounted as soon as I figure out what to do. Ideally I'd like a bench either at the foot of the bed or on the empty wall, but not sure if I have enough room. I found an 11" antique upholstered bench but long story short the lady didn't end up selling it and I can't find another narrow upholstered bench. Any ideas where I might find a reasonably priced one?

I do have a very rustic narrow wood bench in my entry and I thought of getting something similar. But not sure if it's too rustic and I have no other wood pieces in the room. So not sure if it would look good? I do like to mix styles up a bit...

Also, not sure I'm loving the black lamps (new but not sure I want the hassle of returning as it was an online order, or the beige curtains. I've always wanted an all white bedroom, but worried with the BM pink damask walls that the room was starting to look too "sweet". So I added the hits of black and the beige curtains, I'd like to add some euro shams instead of the dinky white ones that are there now and am thinking a classic hotel sham with a black stripe. Or would white curtains and white lamps look better. I could put the champagne gold lamps back. (Pic 4)

Thoughts??

Comments (11)