Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

December, 2016 Quilting/Sewing Goals

I do not know what happened, but I was sure I had posted this earlier! Anyway, I did get some stuff done this month, but mostly a bunch of scrappy blocks. And the same is planned for December. Whatever I can do, I will do.

I figure with Christmas coming up soon, everyone is busy crossing things off their list of projects. How are things going? Are all your projects completed for Christmas?

Comments (18)

• 7 years ago

Since I was so bad last month I hope I can at least finish this one that I got weary of because of the navy blue background, I posted earlier about it. This one is surely going to go home with SOMEBODY.

• 7 years ago

My only goal this month is to try to keep up with Bonnie's mystery quilt. I have the first clue finished but still need to press about 20 of the squares.

• 7 years ago

My goal is to just get through this month! It's only the 2nd and I'm exhausted already. This week is the worst, though, with three rehearsals in the evenings and three concerts this weekend.

As far as quilting, I started Bonnie's mystery last weekend but found myself feeling I wasn't really in the mood. Maybe because I've been busy sewing neutral squares for a while now as part of my long-term leader and ender project. I'll keep at it, though.

Donna

• 7 years ago

My only goals are to finish the tee shirt quilt that is in the frame, and the wall hanging for DDs friend. Then anything else is gravy.

• 7 years ago

Sue, how about a pic of the tree skirt quilt? I need to make one too and would love to have that finished this year. I have to make an apron and a lap quilt for Christmas, but I think that's all I'm going to do. Most of our Christmas won't be celebrated until New Year's this year, so that gives me an extra week.

• 7 years ago

My goal is to just survive! I was going to give quilts to family this year for Christmas but everything went crazy at work. I left for quilt retreat in October with my one department to manage. I came back to 5 departments to manage. There have been lots of late nights working for me. I have had to learn a lot about these other departments so that I can make good decisions for them. Soooo, I did all my Christmas shopping at Lowe's. Yes the hardware store Lowe's. I walked in, went to their large gift card section and did all my shopping in about 5 minutes. LOL They even have nice little gift card boxes. I will save the quilts already done and add to them for next year's Christmas gifts.

• 7 years ago

Bev, Sue posted her tree skirt here.

Donna

• 7 years ago

Jackie, I love shopping at hardware stores.

• 7 years ago

I love Lowes but only the garden section. However, I did find a couple of things inside related to quilting. The clamps that I use to sandwich the quilt, I use them to fasten the quilt to the table as I add each layer. And the wallboard that I used to make the design wall, I covered it in batting.

• 7 years ago

I buy hot glue sticks at Lowe's - way cheaper than Michael's or JoAnn's. :)

Donna

• 7 years ago

FYI ya'll: I'll probably be off line for the rest of this week......maybe a few days longer.

• 7 years ago

I'm so excited. I'm almost finished cutting my scraps - just a ton of whites to do. My drawers of scraps are all empty except for folded pieces the size of fat quarters or larger. Okay, some of the folded pieces are maybe 1/8s, but it's still a huge improvement. Now I just have to resist starting to sew scrappy log cabins and get busy on the 2017 lotto blocks. I also have to figure out what to take to Hawaii with me this year. I have a scrappy mountain majesties to take -- i actually brought it to Hawaii last year and didn't do it -- and about half of my one block wonder.

I mailed my stepdaughter's quilt to her on Friday. She should have gotten it today, but she didn't. Hopefully, tomorrow. The tracking app shows it still in transit, so I hope it gets there tomorrow. I sent it to her work place, so it wouldn't sit on her doorstep and someone would have to sign for it.

I decorated the house for Christmas over the weekend. It's alway so much fun to take out the tree skirt and table runner I made. The tree skirt was the first quilt I made, so I'm very sentimental about it.

• 7 years ago

Hi y'all. My goal to be home for Christmas has been accomplished. Was in the hospital for 9 days and then rehab for 9 days...and home today......had not planned on it taking that long, but it's ok because I'm home and can see my sewing machine. If you're on FB, hopefully you saw my DD;s posts and could keep updated, I want to sew something so bad......maybe by Monday. :-) Lois, I hope your daughter received the quilt you sent her.

• 7 years ago

Welcome home, Sharon. I know you are glad to be in your favorite chair again.

• 7 years ago

So happy you made it home for the holidays, Sharon. I'm sorry, I didn't know you were in the hospital. I hope you are feeling better and can get back to sewing right away.

Yes, my step-daughter got her quilt, and she absolutely loves it. She said it's the most beautiful gift she has ever gotten and that she will cherish it forever. You can't get a better response than that. She sent me a photo of herself all wrapped up in it.

• 7 years ago

Glad you are home in time for Christmas, Sharon. Hope all is well.

I did not have any Dec. quilting goals. Good thing because I would have failed miserably.

On to 2017!

Theresa

• 7 years ago

So happy that you are home for Christmas! Merry Christmas!

Linda OH

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County