Software
Houzz Logo Print
sfigu16

I need help picking out curtains.. Which ones will bring out my chocolate sectional?

13 years ago
Hello everyone, i learned that my navy blue wont work with my chocolate brown sofa so i just need opinions on the new scheme. I think i want whites golds a little of gray and a pop of color. Not sure what tho, all opinions accepted! I kind of want like a rustic look. Elegant but still comfy! Thanks guys

Comments (26)

  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    These ones will

    HPD's Exclusive Fern Faux Solid Taffeta Silk Curtains & Drapes · More Info

    Phelps Sectional Sofa with Chaise - Brown · More Info

    Sanela Curtains, Light Turquoise · More Info

    Diva Ikat Curtain · More Info
    ]
    Modern Remodel · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    Is there another color? Im not a fan of green:/
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Why do you feel you cant use the Navy with the brown? There are a lot of very nice schemes built around blues with browns!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    not sure if the image I attached showed up?
  • 13 years ago
    Merit, I am having a hard time picking curtains that wont make my living room look so dark. I want to have navy and orange!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I think that would look great!
  • 13 years ago
    sfigu16, photos of your sectional and room would be helpful in order to give you meaningful input. I think either of the first two warm neutral choices you have pictured would be a good fit with your brown sectional. With simple neutral window coverings you can indulge your desire for more pattern and color in throw pillows and accessories.
  • 13 years ago
    Michigan, here are my pictures of my living room and sofa. I am having a hard time picking out curtains. Can i do navy blue curtains?
  • 13 years ago
    genevieve, I love that ikat curtain!
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Good:) here another for you

    Atherton New Build · More Info

    Cream Orange Red Rust Brown Pillow Cover 16 in SIENNA DESIGN · More Info



    what colour is the wall?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Sfigu16 - I think navy, chocolate and orange are a great combination. It is important to keep your wall color light to contrast. Do the navy drapery panels. Add pillows to the sectional that are patterned with the background light and pattern in navy and orange. Add a rug and finish off with artwork above the sectional.
  • 13 years ago
    my wall is like a bone white looks beige but its very very soft and light.

    Davis and Genevieve you too are amazing!!!
  • 13 years ago
    Could i do a rug like this one?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I like this rug but if you keep the navy/white chevron drapery shown in your posted picture, then this rug pattern will clash with the zig zags in your existing drapery panels. I love the tangerine drapery panels in this space pictured above.
  • 13 years ago
    I know i love this ones too!!! you are right but i probably will not be doing chevron curtains. What do you think of this patterns for my curtains in a navy blue?
  • 13 years ago
    I like the rug too and the orange/tangerine panels would tie it all together
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    That pattern you just posted is lovely. I think it would look great in navy with the rug! Great choices!
  • 13 years ago
    The one on the left?
  • 13 years ago
    Can i use this curtain and some navy accents? or is it better to keep it navy curtains?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Neutral drapery on the neutral wall will be blah. Definitely do the navy drapery. Either pattern will work and look good with the rug you selected.
  • 13 years ago
    yay! perfect! thanks davis design! You just gave me the boost of confidence i needed! Now with the cushions can i still do another pattern?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    You are most welcome! Yes, you can do another pattern for pillows. Best of luck!
  • 13 years ago
    Eclectic Living Room by Other Metro Interior Designer Debbie Basnett, Vintage Scout Interiors Could i do this with my brown couch and the navy and chevron rug?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    This thread has inspired me to change out our living room curtains with some in our linen closet that have been stored for some time. Free shopping! Gotta love that. --Jen
  • 13 years ago
    Please share when you are done!