Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cbnie

master bedroom help

cbnie
6 years ago
Are these bedside tables too small? Lamps too short?

Comments (15)

• cbnie
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Yes, that's next on the list! Any suggestions for windows?

• PRO
    BANDD DESIGN
    6 years ago

The night stands seem to work well, however it looks like you are lacking a headboard. Perhaps it might also be nice to get some window treatments? You could do cellular shades or get long drapes in white.

cbnie thanked BANDD DESIGN
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I would pull the bed out from the wall get a headboard and do drapes on the window since you have chosen a nice simple color scheme i would do matching lamps the height of the one on the right is better IMO. I would do the drapes to hang behind the night tables too and white would be nice

cbnie thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • everdebz
    6 years ago

... just to mention how nice blackout is for good sleep ...Cellular inside mount? Your bed is about as wide as the window, nice and trim with stands...

cbnie thanked everdebz
  • chantels2u
    6 years ago
    Cbnie,
    If the headboard covers the window, I would suggest not doing it-or moving the bed to a place where you would not obstruct natural light.
    You could always paint the wall a different color, an accent wall, accompanied with some curtains.
    I would change the lamps to something in the same genre; or even invest in matching lamps.
    cbnie thanked chantels2u
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    6 years ago

Too small on the nightstands. Since you have the room, chests for holding clothes on either side seems a better solution for your room. It's a better solution than small nightstands and then a large double dresser in the room also.

cbnie thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • everdebz
    6 years ago

How many inches are between edge of nightstand and the wall at left? doesn't seem like much.

cbnie thanked everdebz
  • katinparadise
    6 years ago

I don't find the nightstands to be to small but since I'm a symmetrical person, I do find the lamps throw off the balance of the room. Two matching lamps would be better, IMO.

cbnie thanked katinparadise
  • Elaine Ricci
    6 years ago
    Perhaps a pale sage green or even a pale slate blue would work here. I wouldn't go very dark, but the subtle green or grey-blue would, IMHO, enhance the colors in your floor and vanity.
    cbnie thanked Elaine Ricci
  • cbnie
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you all for your suggestions!. I have ordered a headboard from West Elm. I do love that little lamp but I will find another place for it; I agree that matching lamps will look better and there are plenty of choices at Homegoods. I am thinking of pleated shades on the windows, with stationary drapes flanking. Your help is greatly appreciated!

• Elaine Ricci
    6 years ago
    Please disregard last comment, as I was trying to respond to a different post! Sorry! How do I delete a post from a thread?
  • everdebz
    6 years ago

Elaine, on my desktop, there are all the button-choices, which include the delete.

• PRO
    Elizabeth Minish Design
    6 years ago

I agree with those who have suggested larger night stands. I always do a chest of drawers if there is room because of the extra storage. However, it would be nice to know what your overall style statement is for the house. Those nightstands are not nearly as traditional as many of the inspiration shots put up. Definitely go for matching lamps, but once again, the style of the lamps should tie in to your overall style in a way these lamps (traditional or transitional) don't really with the night stands shown.

I would also like to see a more cohesive relationship between the bedding and the wall colour. If you're keeping the navy bedding and not changing the wall colour, you will need some of that pale green on the bed (sheets, shams, throw cushions, a throw, something) to tie it in. And if you're going white with the draperies, perhaps navy in the lamp bases. You could also do navy fixed-panel draperies behind the night stands. Navy blue and green can be lovely in a master bedroom.

• PRO
    Denise Tetmeyer Interior Design
    6 years ago
    If you can afford larger nite stands, why not use all the space? If you can get a head board, do it. We are all trying to budget. Even “World Market” has headboards and so does “Tuesday Morning”. It is a matter of timing. The headboard could be fabric, leather, woven, wood, etc.

Definitely, purchase new matching lamps. If you are on a budget, Home Good’s has lamps, but you need a pair. The nice thing about buying from them is that you can try it for size and if they aren’t perfect, you can return them. At least you will know what size looks best. Accessorizing, the finishing touches, can be the hardest to do and the most stressful. It can make or break a room.

If you keep the tables, why not consider a woven reed over the window that matches the nite tables. Hang the woven reed well above the window for height at least 10” if you have it. I can’t see the height of the ceiling. In addition, add drapery panels on the sides that go off the window and behind the tables. This will make the room look bigger. They don’t have to be a solid white, since the walls aren’t, you could add a pattern. Decide where to pay the most money for the best overall look and budget else where.