Software
Houzz Logo Print
lisaclough

Wrong paint colour! How to fix?

8 years ago
I was aiming for picture on the left with black walls, but got picture on right which is a deep grey pulling navy and plum. It feels like it’s competing with the dark cabinetry :(. Should I go light? Or try another black? There is a picture of the other massive wall painted that I don’t like either. TY :)
Light bathroom
Dark bathroom

Comments (13)

  • 8 years ago
    Sorry picture order is off - the Pinterest pic is what I was aiming for. The others are mine...
  • 8 years ago

    It is almost impossible to find a true black. you are going to find that in certain light the color will pull out others like navy and plum. embrace it or paint it.

  • 8 years ago
    Thank you for the comment. I think I’ll go light if another black will do that too. :)
  • 8 years ago

    On my screen the pinterest picture looks a slight grapey color. Yours does too except a little more to the blue color. You can get black in any color. One issue I see is that you have the dark vanity. The pinterest has a lighter wood throughout. And the pinterest wood is somewhat yellowish and looks good with the purplish paint. Your dark vanity has some yellow in it too. I'd get some art boards, and buy a few samples of black that have a base color that goes better with your vanity and wall tile.

    I like your wall paint with your backsplash

    I don't like the wall paint with the vanity.

    I don't like the rug color with your tub wall tile or vanity.

    I think the tub wall tile and the vanity look good.

    The backsplash color looks off with the vanity and the wall tile.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I would go lighter. I agree with the person above. Most blacks will pull out other colors when light hits. You may find something darker then what you have but I'm not sure you'll find something quite as dark as the cabinetry.

  • 8 years ago
    Thank you also for your advice. I definitely feel as though the current colour competes with the cabinetry, and pulls different tones that I’m not a fan of. The light colour in my home is what I would do if I go lighter...?
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I love that color above. I think it would work nicely.

  • 8 years ago
    I found a truer black and tried last night. I’m definitely thinking I’ll do the lighter this weekend then. I agree as well that the vanity and wall tiles are not light and airy so the black would be very dark now - I didn’t make that comparison prior. Lol
  • 8 years ago
    There is a picture of my large to-be gallery wall above. Does anyone recommend I use the black paint on that? Or leave it the dark grey for now?
  • 8 years ago
    Also, kept the big wall the dark grey and hung my art.
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    A lighter wall for the art would make the art pop much more and definitely go with the lighter option in the bathroom. :)

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    You need a black brown not a dark Blue