Software
Houzz Logo Print
sbak24

Rug help!

8 years ago
So I’ve had this rug for about 3 years but we got a puppy last year who has ruined it during house training. Now that she is trained, I’m ready to purchase another (without breaking the bank in case). I’m thinking I would like a different color to break up the blue (like beige?) but looking for suggestions. Pics of the room are attached. No plans to change furniture, but would change pillows. Pic of the offender is attached as well

Comments (28)

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    I always feel that a rug is the place to provide some contrast, some pattern and some color to a room. Traditional oriental rugs are classic and lend sophistication to most any room and decors.

  • 8 years ago

    I think another similarly styled indoor/outdoor rug that's slightly more bluish gray vs. gray would be perfect.

  • 8 years ago

    classic

    7' x 9' Area Rugs | Joss & Main · More Info

    modern

    Bungalow Rose Crosier Grey & Light Blue Area Rug & Reviews | Wayfair · More Info

    FT-367 Rug from Frontier by Surya | PlushRugs.com · More Info
    hope it helps


  • 8 years ago
    I love your room! Love the mix of the white and leather furniture, and also the painting over the fireplace. Mostly just wanted to post to say that. But I do think a natural fiber rug like jute or a woven undyed cotton would be a great way to break up the blue without going "full beige" (which is probably a bit too much contrast with your current pallette).
  • 8 years ago
    Your offender is cute as heck..what if you went a different route and tried a gray or gratings blue with some of that pretty yellow from the accent pieces on your shelves?
  • 8 years ago
    I'd suggest a yellow rug with a pattern.
  • 8 years ago
    Amanda, what is gratings blue?
  • 8 years ago
    I agree with elleN, I think a natural fibre rug like sisal would be a good choice. Not only are they hard wearing, but will bring a bit of an organic feel to your room and, I think, will complement what you already have. It's a very cozy, attractive space, good luck!
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Hi Susan, I would recommend to go for something with a bit of contrast as your sofas,walls and tiles are quite plain. Researching the pet friendly rugs would also be advisable in this case :)


  • 8 years ago
    I agree with those who suggest contrast.

    You won’t break the bank with a man-made rug. I have them in my hallway and office and they’re gorgeous, inexpensive and hard for pets to ruin. Go on Overstock, E-rugs, & Wayfair to see too many to absorb. they let you choose the material in the Filter area, in addition to color and size.
  • 8 years ago
    For those who suggested contrast, any color recommendation? I’ve been looking for a while and just overwhelmed and frustrated.
  • 8 years ago
    Black and white with pattern and texture.
  • 8 years ago
    linlac I love what you posted! Bottom left is the best of both worlds- brings in natural texture and bold pattern.
  • 8 years ago

    Pottery Barn


  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Yep, my furbaby is also trained, but yesterday she had dental surgery and she reacted poorly to the anesthetic, so I am glad I no longer invest in expensive area rugs. Accidents happen. I don't sweat it anymore. Besides there are more great rugs out there every year and I find it hard to not buy them.


  • 8 years ago
    If you have a pet that is likely to have accidents, I do NOT recommend a jute, seagrass, or sisal rug. There are many wonderful synthetic rugs out there, including some that look like jute, sisal, or seagrass. I would go for those...for clean up and durability! Your furry baby is adorable. I replaced two year old ivory (what was I thinking?????) wool carpet on our stairs when we adopted our Westie-wanna-be. And don’t regret it. Dogs Rule!
  • 8 years ago
    If you are worried about future accidents indoor/outdoor rugs are a great option. You can take them outside and hose them off and spills wipe up easily. I replaced a wool carpet under the dining table for one. Much better option.
  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    So lovely room! And Neutral colors, so you can go with gray as your walls, with beige/cream as your tile and sofa , with brown to pop up chair and ottoman or both.

  • 8 years ago
    How do you all put the sample rug in the room?
  • PRO
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    We all came in room, lifted furniture and put rugs. :-))

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    You can check IKEA for an inexpensive rugs.

  • 8 years ago
    Where did you find the last one you posted?
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Susan, I was kidding, I use Photoshop. Rug is from Wayfair,

    also in RugStudio and others ...

    Search for Dash and Albert Rugs Diamond Hand-Woven Platinum/White

  • 8 years ago
    Rugs very seldom are the color pictured online. I always go to reviews and see what is said about the color and look for pictures. Somehow the home cameras/phones pick the real color. The complaints on that one is its beige, not gray. Here’s the customers picture next to Wayfair’s. Still a great rug, just not gray.
  • 8 years ago
    I kind of prefer it that way :)
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Below we have included a few of our designs with rug options that might work for you. Take a look and see if any fit your needs, you could add some more pillows with blue or yellow accents to make any of these work.

    Upscale Family Home · More Info


    Upscale Family Home · More Info

    Los Feliz · More Info